Dude! What are you doing in that uniform? Part III

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
The great Serge Savard with the Winnipeg Jets.

serge-savard-of-the-winnipeg-jets-skates-with-the-puck-during-an-nhl-picture-id845735922

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Jacques Lemaire as a Sabre. I actually had this card (which was thrown out by my parents during one of our moves, along with my other beloved cards). He never played for Buffalo. instead, Opee-Chee (or was it Topps, I don't remember) thought they'd get the jump on a rumoured moved to the Sabres that never happened.
1974-75_OPC_Jacques_Lemaire-e1440793346626.jpg

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Jacques Lemaire as a Sabre. I actually had this card (which was thrown out by my parents during one of our moves, along with my other beloved cards). He never played for Buffalo. instead, Opee-Chee (or was it Topps, I don't remember) thought they'd get the jump on a rumoured moved to the Sabres that never happened.
Damn, I did have or possibly still do have this card. Back in the day some were traded or lost. Of course back then with no 24 hours sports and old news in the sports pages I actually did think he was dealt for a while.

DawnBTVS

Jul 7, 2006
MA, USA
Andrei Kovalenko as a Boston Bruin in 2000-2001
5591-33Fr.jpg

Michael Nylander in 2003-2004 with a whopping 15 games for the Bruins
center-michael-nylander-of-the-boston-bruins-advances-the-puck-the-picture-id50895624

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY

Topps did; I have this card in my wall frame. O-Pee-Chee wasn't available in Buffalo, though they have this card in Canada as did Topps in The US. Nice Toupee also...

Someone mocked this card with a French Connection card featuring Lemaire - see if I can find it.

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Trevor linden in an isles/Habs/caps jersey just looked weird.

Gilmour in Montreal. He actually had a decent year as an emergency signing after koivu's cancer diagnosis, particularly in the postseason.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Absolutely nothing wrong with that!

I always really liked Markus Ketterer (and thought he'd be a star) thanks to some Upper Deck card I got one time.

Oh god. Markus Ketterer. He was my favourite Sabres player for a time. Little 8 and 9 year old me had no idea he never actually played for them.

f0c18a4a94694af29e5ba29544649227_front.jpg

The card you are probably talking about.

ketterer.png

Fortunately, this picture exists :D

Reactions: Fixxer

SealsFan

May 3, 2009
That Derek Sanderson card on the Canucks is an airbrush job. You can see a Blues player in the background also in a dark jersey.

Forgot that McNab played with Vancouver and in the Halloween uniform no less!

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
That Derek Sanderson card on the Canucks is an airbrush job. You can see a Blues player in the background also in a dark jersey.

Forgot that McNab played with Vancouver and in the Halloween uniform no less!

I remember those days well when I was collecting hockey cards. It looked so stupid when they would paint over the jersey to try and match the player's current team. Did they actually think they could fool the people buying the cards? It made a lot more sense when they later on decided just to annotate the card indicating "Now with ........." instead of pretending they were artists.

:jets

Reactions: SealsFan

SealsFan

May 3, 2009
Here's one I don't recall at all, and can't find a picture for. Bert Marshall spent 8 games with the Rangers in between his long stints with the Seals and Islanders!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad