Dude, I'm so excited to be in the playoffs again.

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
That tingling feeling in your balls during every game.

Getting blackout drunk, or regretting that you didn't.

Does anyone else count down in their heads when we're ahead in the 3rd in the playoffs? "Ok, only 19 minutes left. Okay, only 14 minutes left, that's less than 25% of the game, that's nothing. Shit, 5 minutes left, here we go."

Anyway, it's gonna be a wild ride. As long as we play a competitive first round I'll be proud this year. If we go deep I'll be overjoyed. Just happy we get to live the reality we all hoped for in 2018.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Does anyone else count down in their heads when we're ahead in the 3rd in the playoffs? "Ok, only 19 minutes left. Okay, only 14 minutes left, that's less than 25% of the game, that's nothing. Shit, 5 minutes left, here we go."

Anyway, it's gonna be a wild ride. As long as we play a competitive first round I'll be proud this year. If we go deep I'll be overjoyed. Just happy we get to live the reality we all hoped for in 2018.

You might want to get that checked out.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
1650514450683.png

Just messing with you lol

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
I've been on HF on various accounts since '06 and most years we've had that thread we've had a nice run. Mostly serves as a reverse-jinx, although early in the season we definitely were not a great team. Wouldn't say the same now.
Lol I know. I remember the first one that started the meme.

Probably around the same time as the Prince Chad thread.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Dude, you know what would be the greatest playoff-signifying troll celly ever tomorrow night? Scoring and then doing a golf putting motion. Or golf putting the puck in for an EN goal to seal the win. It would piss them off so bad.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

I've not been able to enjoy a PO game since like 97'. Too much nerves on my part. Is anyone a shrink at this place?

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
What an unreal season. I can’t believe we’re fighting for the division at this point while the chosen conference winner piles and off-season winners Debbie’s are out.

Reactions: Crease

Speedtrials

May 31, 2006
BB
The bubble experience was one thing, but this feels real now. Especially going in with the talent we have and Igor.

Reactions: Crease

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
I've said a few times that we shouldn't set our expectations too high with this team and the playoffs. They are a young team four years removed from the playoffs, and they have some hard lessons to learn. I was thinking they could gain some experience, maybe win a round and make a bit of noise.

That was before the trade deadline. With the way the team is playing now, I'm feeling like they could make a deep run this year. This team is playing as well as we've seen a Rangers team play in a long time. They have the pieces and they are peaking at the right time. I'm very excited to see what is going to happen in the playoffs.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
It's odd but I like to watch playoff games stone cold sober.

I like to notice as much of whats going on as possible, and the nervous anxiety is something that's unique to the NHL postseason, especially in overtime. It's once the game ends that one can celebrate/depressed drink.

Reactions: Holocene

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I've said a few times that we shouldn't set our expectations too high with this team and the playoffs...... That was before the trade deadline. With the way the team is playing now, I'm feeling like they could make a deep run this year.......
Just to reiterate how well we are playing since the TDL, and to stress how Defense is the name of the game as the playoffs near,.... Check out what Valley posted,...

Not to mention, right now we are tied for the league lead in Goals Against with the Canes.

Last edited:

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

I can't quite place it, but you kinda reminding me of someone 8^)

all's well that ends well!

or as he said in the film
"“Everything will be all right in the end and if it’s not all right, then it’s not yet the end.”
– The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

November was a long time ago
We love you, man

1650577859363.png

Attachments

• 1650577777297.png
    1650577777297.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
The bubble experience was one thing, but this feels real now. Especially going in with the talent we have and Igor.
And don't forget the 20,000 screaming meemies packed into the Garden rafters. That will be huge.

Last edited:
Reactions: Speedtrials

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad