Duclair, Stone, Evander Kane, and Doug Hamilton

iamcaper

For my 1000th post I have a couple of questions for you Coyote's fans and experts.

First off, is there any truth to the Coyote's offering Duclair for Hamilton? I like Hamilton but could this mean Stone or another Dman is on their way out?

Also, Would Evander Kane be of interest to the Coyote's?

Finally, if Stone were moved to, say, the Leafs, Avs, or some playoff bubble team. Would you see him still as a top 4 guy?

Love the Coyote's, just wish the Owner's could find their way toward building a winning product. Some great young pieces with the organization.

:popcorn:

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
For my 1000th post I have a couple of questions for you Coyote's fans and experts.
I'm honored you'd waste this occasion in forum=40, but alas, welcome.
First off, is there any truth to the Coyote's offering Duclair for Hamilton?
We heard the same angry rant from that ****ing idiot Burke that everyone else did. So maybe. Oddly specific thing to rant about, so I assume there was at least a phone call. A trade was rumored at the 2015 draft involving Hamilton's RFA rights coming to Arizona and the 3OA (Strome) going back to Boston. That didn't come to being, and we all assume that then-GM Don Maloney wanted the big, talented center (Strome) and that others (presumably Tippett) wanted the big, talented defender. Given the number of moves since then-AGM, now-GM John Chayka took over, he clearly wasn't happy with the defense he inherited, so he may well have been in the pro-Hamilton camp summer 2015.
I like Hamilton but could this mean Stone or another Dman is on their way out?
Given his contract status and how bad the team is, I assume Stone's time in ARZ is running out. But we'll see.
Also, Would Evander Kane be of interest to the Coyotes?
Not one bit. $6m and a left-shot winger and he hasn't been a dominant scorer since before the lockout. I wouldn't put in a waiver claim for him, let alone give up valuable assets.
Finally, if Stone were moved to, say, the Leafs, Avs, or some playoff bubble team. Would you see him still as a top 4 guy?
Yes, absolutely. Probably overmatched on a first pairing depending on who is partner is, but he's a very solid 2nd pairing guy.
Love the Coyotes, just wish the Owners could find their way toward building a winning product. Some great young pieces with the organization.
Appreciate it. Come on down for a game this winter when you get sick of the cold rain in Cape Breton ... good seats are still available.

Last edited:

iamcaper

:handclap:

Thanks for the detailed response, I truly appreciate it. I would love to visit Arizona, we're just a small island but we've 2 of the top 100 golf courses here along with a few more highly adored ones and I hear the golf in Arizona is spectacular. Closest I've been so far though is Disney.

Sounds like the Hamilton talk is mostly banter with little substance. He would be a great addition but I like the D-corps and depth that exists currently in Arizona. That said, there are always ways to improve.

I've watched Arizona a few times and haven't really noticed Stone but that's a good thing because I tend to notice dmen when they make mistakes or they are in the realm of a Lidstrom. Seems quite solid defensively for his age. Too bad the feeling is that his days are numbered but hopefully you can land a piece to help strengthen the team up front.

Your comments on Kane make perfect sense, he's like so many other forwards in the league that just leave you wanting and expecting more. They seem to ride out on the hype that's been built ahead of them which keeps them in the NHL longer than maybe they should.

Can't say I'll ever be sick of Cape Breton but a break from the winters here would be welcomed.

Thanks again for your insight.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Can't say I'll ever be sick of Cape Breton but a break from the winters here would be welcomed.

Cape Breton was one of my favorite stops when I vacationed in Nova Scotia a few years ago. I still have my Screaming Eagles schedule magnet on my file cabinet at work in a place of honor. :handclap:

iamcaper

Cape Breton was one of my favorite stops when I vacationed in Nova Scotia a few years ago. I still have my Screaming Eagles schedule magnet on my file cabinet at work in a place of honor. :handclap:

That is awesome! How long ago were you here? Did you get to see the Screaming Eagles play? If you did I hope it was when they had a decent roster.

Thanks for sharing.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
That is awesome! How long ago were you here? Did you get to see the Screaming Eagles play? If you did I hope it was when they had a decent roster.

Thanks for sharing.

It was back in 2011, and no, sadly I didn't get to see them play as we were there during the offseason.

iamcaper

It was back in 2011, and no, sadly I didn't get to see them play as we were there during the offseason.

The 2006/2007 team would have been great to see, very entertaining even after Marc Andre Fleury entered the NHL after playing here. That year we had James Sheppard, Luc Bourdon, JC Sawyer, Mark Barberio, and Ondrej Pavelec

In 2011 you would have seen Logan Shaw and William Carrier

Any plans for another trip here?

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I saw this thread and somehow thought we had trade Duclair and stone for Dougie.. aka the one that got away for Davey

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Stone's a top four guy. He's got some consistency problems and makes some bad decisions more than you'd like, but he's steady enough as a 4 and checks all the boxes for size and strength and skill.

Tippett definitely chased Hamilton. One of the local hacks cited Maloney's failure to get him as an example of reasons he was let go. Duclair is not a Tippett dump and chase player, so I have no doubt he was offered.

I think Kane would be a good fit under Tippett actually. Mostly a North-South player with size and speed. Generates scoring chances from down low. Doesn't need skill players to make a pretty play. With that contract and off ice concerns, I'd hope we'd pass. But if you made the money work and the price was right, he would probably fit here.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The 2006/2007 team would have been great to see, very entertaining even after Marc Andre Fleury entered the NHL after playing here. That year we had James Sheppard, Luc Bourdon, JC Sawyer, Mark Barberio, and Ondrej Pavelec

In 2011 you would have seen Logan Shaw and William Carrier

Any plans for another trip here?

It's tops on my list for my next BIG VACATION, as soon as I can scrape up the money to do it. That whole area of Canada is absolutely lovely and I'd probably retire there if I could.

iamcaper

It's tops on my list for my next BIG VACATION, as soon as I can scrape up the money to do it. That whole area of Canada is absolutely lovely and I'd probably retire there if I could.

Not sure what types of things you're interested in, whether it's hiking, scenery, music, relaxation, sightseeing but the Fall is a great time of year here. We have a Celtic Colours Festival when the entire Island parties in multiple places. Golf is great that time of year. Fall Colours are fantastic around the Cabot Trail.

I guess it depends on how serious people in the US took the whole "move to Cape Breton if Trump wins".

http://cbiftrumpwins.com/#intro

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto

The LOML is a Cape Bretoner, descended from French guards at the Fortress of Louisburg -- we're talking mid-1700's. In almost 300 years the family has migrated 30 miles as the crowd flies.

We've been married 33 years now and raised our own seven kids to adulthood in Southern Ontario. Still, we have our own little property not far from the Seal Island bridge, where most of her seven brothers still live or spend their summers.

I'm sure Arizona is very nice, but God didn't make a more beautiful place than Cape Breton Island.

May I say that the women from Cape Breton are beauties too!

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
The LOML is a Cape Bretoner, descended from French guards at the Fortress of Louisburg -- we're talking mid-1700's. In almost 300 years the family has migrated 30 miles as the crowd flies.

We've been married 33 years now and raised our own seven kids to adulthood in Southern Ontario. Still, we have our own little property not far from the Seal Island bridge, where most of her seven brothers still live or spend their summers.

I'm sure Arizona is very nice, but God didn't make a more beautiful place than Cape Breton Island.

God tends to even things out. He populated the place with Canadians.:sarcasm:

iamcaper

Little off-topic but I love this post. lol :yo:

iamcaper

FYI (off-topic again) but Mike Smith has the best goalie mask in the NHL>

Smith-Cooper-Arrigo-800.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad