Friedman: Ducks willing to help cap strapped teams in trades

goal1228

Jun 17, 2009
Unprotected right???? Has to be unprotected taking Ladds salary back.

Anaheim gonna get a gosh damn Lucas Raymond with that pick if **** hits the bucket being unprotected. Thank you islanders! We appreciate the quick rebuild.[/QUOTE

What makes you think it will be a lottery pick?

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018

Because I don’t see Islanders going far the next stretch of the season that’s just my opinion. So Anaheim gladly accepts that offer. And Anaheim drafts it’s franchise new centerman with their own pick. And we get Lucas Raymond the next Corey Perry for its franchise.

Done deal. Thanks for shopping HFboards have a good weekend!

Last edited:

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Wow they are willing to help other team, how nice of them.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
To ANH: 2020 1st, 2021 2nd, Gagner (UFA at years end), Chiasson (2.15 mil next year)

To EDM: Rakell

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Ducks take it. We will get rid of salary before the February deadline with our other players for picks. But I’m sure islanders fans won’t trade the 2020 unprotected.

Hard no to Ladd. He has 3 more years after this one at 5.5M with a NTC

Reactions: duckpuck

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
The idea Ducks can spend is just not the case. They have never been a cap team and are in the budget arena each year. Can they take a remaining bad one year contract for prospects? Yes but they added Gudbranson and really that probably was as far as they wanted to go. They want out of some suspect contracts and that is something they want to do.

False. There have been several years that the ducks have spent to the cap. Not as many as some fans would prefer, but in recent years they have been a cap team. At this point, there is no reason for them to be a cap team, other than using cap space to acquire assets.

Ducks take it. We will get rid of salary before the February deadline with our other players for picks. But I’m sure islanders fans won’t trade the 2020 unprotected.

More proof that you're delusional and uninformed. The Ladd contract is flat out awful - much much MUCH worse than Marleau's (which returned a first round pick). Ladd's contract has 3.5 years remaining and is basically buyout proof. There is no way that the ducks or any other team would take Ladd now in exchange for only a first round pick.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
False. There have been several years that the ducks have spent to the cap. Not as many as some fans would prefer, but in recent years they have been a cap team. At this point, there is no reason for them to be a cap team, other than using cap space to acquire assets.

More proof that you're delusional and uninformed. The Ladd contract is flat out awful - much much MUCH worse than Marleau's (which returned a first round pick). Ladd's contract has 3.5 years remaining and is basically buyout proof. There is no way that the ducks or any other team would take Ladd now in exchange for only a first round pick.

We all understand this. No one is dumb here. If this at the beginning of the draft? And we have Raymond on the board? Yes I’m accepting so. Ducks have a duo to build around. Byfield and Raymond is the next Getzlaf and Perry. The poster never specified when the trade would happen by the way

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
We all understand this. No one is dumb here. If this at the beginning of the draft? And we have Raymond on the board? Yes I’m accepting so. Ducks have a duo to build around. Byfield and Raymond is the next Getzlaf and Perry. The poster never specified when the trade would happen by the way

You understand this isn't something that actually might happen and is just a highly strange fantasy playing out in your own head, right?

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
You understand this isn't something that actually might happen and is just a highly strange fantasy playing out in your own head, right?

Maybe to you it is. But Anaheim has hot commodities that people want. Just because you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Doesn’t make my idealistic views of what may or may not happen. All I’m saying is it’s feasible. And if Byfield and Raymond are on the Ducks next season? I’m buying season tickets. Cause they can play now. They would easily make it out of camp.

And damn do I miss Honda Center nachos with jalapeño on it.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Before I like!?? I want you to look at the entire first round my friend. There’s two players in this first round draft that can play right now. All RHD. The ducks need first rounders. And we will snag one of them with our assets. By the way? Larsson and Mahura are a joke.

I’m not gonna say there names, but you’ll figure it out once you click on their name.
2020 NHL Mock Draft | 2020 NHL Draft | NHL Draft

Before you like what? And I don't have the ability to see in the future like you apparently do, I didn't know that Larsson and Mahura aren't going to amount to anything, I figured one can take the 3rd pair LHD spot. But if you've already seen they're going to be busts, then well, you're the expert. Are those two RHD in the draft going to be top 4 or top pair next year?

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I’M not messing around with this draft boys. I want some first rounders. This one is gonna be as good as one like this one below.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
How did it go from the Ducks are willing to use their cap space to take on bad contracts to them dealing their better players not named Getzlaf in Manson, Fowler, Rackell, etc.?

Kind of sad to see how Anaheim has fallen given the talent they had on D back in 2017. Theodore, Vatanen, Pettersson, Montour all traded. Only thing they have to show for it on the roster is Henrique. Sprong has been waived to the AHL. Guhle has played 18 games this season but has been returned to the A in December.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
How did it go from the Ducks are willing to use their cap space to take on bad contracts to them dealing their better players not named Getzlaf in Manson, Fowler, Rackell, etc.?

Kind of sad to see how Anaheim has fallen given the talent they had on D back in 2017. Theodore, Vatanen, Pettersson, Montour all traded. Only thing they have to show for it on the roster is Henrique. Sprong has been waived to the AHL. Guhle has played 18 games this season but has been returned to the A in December.
Sprong is back on the Ducks and has looked good.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Maybe to you it is. But Anaheim has hot commodities that people want. Just because you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Doesn’t make my idealistic views of what may or may not happen. All I’m saying is it’s feasible. And if Byfield and Raymond are on the Ducks next season? I’m buying season tickets. Cause they can play now. They would easily make it out of camp.

And damn do I miss Honda Center nachos with jalapeño on it.

Lmao idealistic isn't the word to describe it. The Ducks aren't stupid enough to take on Ladd for a just first rounder and your whole plan hinges on the team that's 4th place in the entire league falling to the basement, amongst other things.

The Ducks getting both Byfield and Raymond, a pretty ridiculous thought on it's own, isn't as remotely crazy as this specific way you'd approach it. Its pretty impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad