Pre-Game Talk: Ducks vs Jets - Fri Mar 23 7:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
This is one of those very rare occasions when I'd like to have a Peluso come in from the PB to prevent any duck hunting of our young studs... :box:

Reactions: Pongs21

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Now would be a good time for Perreault to show up. Over a month without a point isn't acceptable being so close to the playoffs starting.
He's trying hard but man oh man he's been bad.

He and Brighteyes need to find their touch before the playoffs begin.

Reactions: Kgame

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
He's trying hard but man oh man he's been bad.

He and Brighteyes need to find their touch before the playoffs begin.

Most of the team has been playing really good, but their shot volume and accuracy is leaving something to be desired lately. Most of their shots went right into the crest of the goalie last night, they made him look spectacular.

There were also quite a few very good looks that got passed off last night as well. Then let's not discuss the endless PP passing, which more resembled the Jets killing the Kings' penalty for them.

Reactions: Jet

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Most of the team has been playing really good, but their shot volume and accuracy is leaving something to be desired lately. Most of their shots went right into the crest of the goalie last night, they made him look spectacular.

There were also quite a few very good looks that got passed off last night as well. Then let's not discuss the endless PP passing, which more resembled the Jets killing the Kings' penalty for them.

I think the team is a bit lost on the PP right now. Even before Laine went down, teams were really focusing on the Jets bread and butter which has been attacking the box with precision passes, or bumping the puck into the slot for a high quality shot.

The PP right now to me reminds me of the spinning circle while you wait for a video to load. The team seems like it is just working the puck around to get the seams to open up but our opposition is expecting it.

What we need to do is to post Buff and Chia up there (and whomever else can launch bombs) and just crash the net until the other team starts reacting to that. Then we can start incorporating those seam plays back into the equation.

Reactions: DarthMonty

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I think the team is a bit lost on the PP right now. Even before Laine went down, teams were really focusing on the Jets bread and butter which has been attacking the box with precision passes, or bumping the puck into the slot for a high quality shot.

The PP right now to me reminds me of the spinning circle while you wait for a video to load. The team seems like it is just working the puck around to get the seams to open up but our opposition is expecting it.

What we need to do is to post Buff and Chia up there (and whomever else can launch bombs) and just crash the net until the other team starts reacting to that. Then we can start incorporating those seam plays back into the equation.

Yes, anything. Shots from the point or from anywhere really, just make sure there are bodies there waiting for a stray puck. Get some dirty goals for a while.

Reactions: Jet

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I feel like they should rest the whole team in order to nullify the Ducks slash-and-burn injury menace. Maybe let Mickey Moose or the Timbits ringette squad get a look in.

Reactions: kellhunter

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
This is one of those very rare occasions when I'd like to have a Peluso come in from the PB to prevent any duck hunting of our young studs... :box:
Fortunately now we have Lowry. They should also just rest Connor and Ehlers against such a dirty team.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Hang on, wasn't it Sheiff, Wheeler, Statsny, Little, Buff in PP1
and Connor, Ehlers, Perreault, Lowry, Myers in PP2 ?
So Little comes out?

Correct. Little is there because he is a right shot. They didn’t want to disrupt the strategy.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Hang on, wasn't it Sheiff, Wheeler, Statsny, Little, Buff in PP1
and Connor, Ehlers, Perreault, Lowry, Myers in PP2 ?
So Little comes out?
Yes I think little looks bad on the first unit pp and Connor looks hotter right now you play the hot hand. I think little should play on pp2.

Reactions: kellhunter

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Yes I think little looks bad on the first unit pp and Connor looks hotter right now you play the hot hand. I think little should play on pp2.

If you are running Wheeler as a QB on PP1 it is more desirable to have a right shot in the slot. Connor if added would replace Stastny down low on the set up. You are ignoring those realities

Reactions: Halberdier

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
He wont be. Why? Because its really a nothing game for us... **** the Rocket.. Its an individual award that doesnt mean much.. Ill take a 100 percent healthy laine in the playoffs instead.
I think that the players fighting over it might disagree with you on how much it means :laugh: As a pure goal scorer It is a huge honour to receive that award. Hopefully we can have both! I'm sure that they won't let him back into the action if it would jeopardize Pattys play offs.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg

But then we have to hear about stupid buff not passing to Laine all GDT....

Reactions: Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad