GDT: Ducks vs. Hurricanes 4:30 PM PT 11-30-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Holy f*** that was one hell of a pass. Great finish. 3 for 3 on the road trip so far.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Nice. Gibson is the best goalie in the league.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Jesus. These points while cool cause we win really doesn't bode well for us when looking at the long term imo.

We are still playing like a bottom 3rd team

goosemooseduck

Mar 19, 2009
One of the currently worst teams in NHL sitting on top of divisional standings (at least for few more minutes)

Insanity...

Reactions: kducks

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Loved Getzy's moves on McBackup

Ladies were looking at me weird as I was watching the game on my phone as I got my toes done. Gotta love the Foxsportsgo app.

Reactions: The Baffled King

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Would the Ducks have drafted Gibson if Hiller didn't have Vertigo(+ possible anxiety or head issues) ?
After the terrible exit in the 2011 playoffs where Hiller missed the whole series vs Trashville they drafted Gibson in the following 2011 draft.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
Would the Ducks have drafted Gibson if Hiller didn't have Vertigo(+ possible anxiety or head issues) ?
After the terrible exit in the 2011 playoffs where Hiller missed the whole series vs Trashville they drafted Gibson in the following 2011 draft.
I think they do. Gibson probably would have spent more time in AHL. The question is, do they draft Andersen in 2012?

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

I don't see why the wouldn't have. The Ducks are known to draft BPA in early rounds and Hiller was almost 30 in 2011, even if he didn't have the vertigo issues he likely only had another 5 or so years as a starter in the league.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Yes, they would have. Remember, the Ducks traded down and nabbed both Rakell and Gibson from that trade down. The org usually picks BPA and goalies are difficult to predict.

Piggy backing on goalies are difficult to predict thought, that's one of the reasons Andersen was drafted in the following year. Well, that and it's karma for D Justin Schultz pulling his schiznits.

And if you take a step back, you'll see collecting BPA's that pan out can turn into valuable trade assets. We traded away Hiller. We traded away Andersen.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I think they do. Gibson probably would have spent more time in AHL. The question is, do they draft Andersen in 2012?
Perhaps Andreas Athanasiou ? He would still be available at where Andersen was selected, so would Connor Brown & Hellebuck (who holds more value than Andersen).
Right now Andreas Athanasiou could be playing 3rd line center or 2nd line with Henrique moved to the Wing.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
The Ducks are a great example of why elite goaltending is so valuable in the NHL. Most goalies are in the middle of the pack range but the elite ones add tons of wins to your teams record.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad