GDT: Ducks Vs Devils - 5 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i'm assuming all of the former ducks scored tonight?

also, what happened to miller?

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
i'm assuming all of the former ducks scored tonight?

also, what happened to miller?
Hall was cutting to the net and took Mahura with him. Mahura slammed into Miller, and he couldn't put any weight one one leg as he went to the dressing room.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Devils fan here. Told you guys you would win if you tied it up at the end lol. The Devs are coached horrible, especially in OT.

Reactions: duxfan1101

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Another win but still feel like we are such an average team at best. We usually win by goaltending and tonight won by Devils being idiots. It's fun but I'm just waiting for our luck to start running out.

Kase was great. Best player on the ice and should probably get an extended look with Getz. Everyone else pretty okay to me but nothing special.

Reactions: Doothpick

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Devils fan here. Told you guys you would win if you tied it up at the end lol. The Devs are coached horrible, especially in OT.
It took our coach a whole year to figure out the basic concepts of 3v3 such as puck possession is key and dont let the other team change when you have the puck.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Kase would create chances if he played with Boll and Gibbons

Reactions: Getz2perry
Oct 18, 2011
Getzlaf is definitely hurt everything he does is basically purely from the upper half of his body. He doesn't have the normal power in his legs

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
I'm watching the game now, and the referring is pissing me off even more. Minutes before Palmieri should have been called for a diving for snapping his head back when Lindholm's stick didn't even touch his head, Silfverberg gets hooked by a Devils' player. And after the Devils pp, Getzlaf does get boarded and then Kase was hooked. So yeah, the Ducks weren't good and the Devils scored two own goals, but screw the refs and Palmieri too, for all their b.s.

And Hayward and Ahlers can kick rocks too. They were too busy yaking to see that Getzlaf was boarded, and then are clueless as to why Getzlaf is having words with the refs. Yes, Getzlaf does need to walk a fine line, but maybe he doesn't take too kindly having his head smashed into to boards either. Idiots.

Edit: three own goals.

Last edited:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yeah, I would like for Getzy to become the franchise leader next year. And hopefully even hit 1000 points, but it might take a season after that.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Getzlaf is definitely hurt everything he does is basically purely from the upper half of his body. He doesn't have the normal power in his legs

I agree, he appears to be struggling the first couple of strides. I sat closeish to the bench like two weeks ago, and after a shift Getzlaf clearly said to Aberg(I think), “that’s not good for the groin!” in reference to Aberg not head manning the puck forcing Getz to stretch in an attempt to stay onside.

I'm watching the game now, and the referring is pissing me off even more. Minutes before Palmieri should have been called for a diving for snapping his head back when Lindholm's stick didn't even touch his head, Silfverberg gets hooked by a Devils' player. And after the Devils pp, Getzlaf does get boarded and then Kase was hooked. So yeah, the Ducks weren't good and the Devils scored two own goals, but screw the refs and Palmieri too, for all their b.s.

And Hayward and Ahlers can kick rocks too. They were too busy yaking to see that Getzlaf was boarded, and then are clueless as to why Getzlaf is having words with the refs. Yes, Getzlaf does need to walk a fine line, but maybe he doesn't take to kindly having his head smashed into to boards either. Idiots.

Edit: three own goals.

It was blatantly bad. At the end of the game there was a blatant slash that significantly inhibited Henriques breakaway that should’ve been called and thus less likely a late tying goal.

Yes, NJ scored three own goals, but the Ducks had to create those opportunities and fight through the ref adversity. f*** me I sound optimistic. Must have had too much koolaid tonight.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Not really sure how Anaheim won that, but I'll take it. Deserved to be 3-0 down in the 1st period alone.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Yeah, I would like for Getzy to become the franchise leader next year. And hopefully even hit 1000 points, but it might take a season after that.

i think he'll hit 1000 no problem

he's got a lot of hockey left in him. doesn't rely on speed to be successful so i can see him playing into his 40s

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
As far as I'm concerned this game makes up for all the bad breaks we've had all season. Can't tell you how many times an opponent has scored on us via a leg, arm, skate, etc.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
That was a wacky game. I splurged for club seats and watched from the Jack Daniels Lounge/buffet area for the 2nd/3rd periods. While I missed the ambiance of being surrounded by people, my cousin and I were the only ones in the restaurant so it was nice to have the space and a decent view of the ice. Definitely would recommend trying that out once.

Also happened to walk by Bob Murray before the game. I wish I could report that I eavesdropped on a juicy trade conversation, but he was on the phone with his mom about her scheduling a DMV appointment.

It was my first game in Anaheim in awhile, I was pleasantly surprised to see the amount of San Diego Gulls representation in the crowd.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
That was a wacky game. I splurged for club seats and watched from the Jack Daniels Lounge/buffet area for the 2nd/3rd periods. While I missed the ambiance of being surrounded by people, my cousin and I were the only ones in the restaurant so it was nice to have the space and a decent view of the ice. Definitely would recommend trying that out once.

Also happened to walk by Bob Murray before the game. I wish I could report that I eavesdropped on a juicy trade conversation, but he was on the phone with his mom about her scheduling a DMV appointment.

It was my first game in Anaheim in awhile, I was pleasantly surprised to see the amount of San Diego Gulls representation in the crowd.
Bob Murray's mother has to be past 90.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->