GDT: Ducks visit Bruins 1 PM ET on 10 - 14 - 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
We need a caufield type prospect miserably
I feel like people are over exaggerating our lack of finish... what we need is an actual top line. Steel getting comfortable and zegras coming up in a year or 2... will give us 2 guys that can make good goal scorers like Rakell/Kase into great goal scorers.

I do think our shopping list in draft/free agency should be a RHD that can fit in a top 4, and help the power play... and then an elite level winger(not necessarily a goal scorer). I do like any of the 3 sweedes(gunler, holtz, Raymond)

Hopefully terry can be a more consistent part of the score sheet this year.

rlstine

Jun 14, 2017
He's so good. He boomed us (X4).

Also do NOT look up where Pastrnak was drafted and who was drafted 13 spots ahead of him.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Getz is such a weird player. He liked nearly unstoppable against San Jose and Detroit. Still think he can contribute if utilized properly, but not sure if we have the Cs at the moment who can fill those minutes AND put up offense at the same time

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Watched only highlights. I liked what I saw. Lindholm and Manson had a bad game (2nd and 4th goal). we were a bit snake bit but had many chances, they were a bit lucky (Boston 2nd goal rare Lindholm turnover, and 3rd goal bounce and snap).

They probably deserved the win, but it wasn't like they totally outplayed us. We had our chances and Halak was on top of his game tonight. When I saw the box score, was expecting our 2nd and 3rd D pairings to be victimized... at least we can hope Manson/Lindholm will be better.

Reactions: MilesNewton

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
I do think our shopping list in draft/free agency should be a RHD that can fit in a top 4, and help the power play... and then an elite level winger(not necessarily a goal scorer). I do like any of the 3 sweedes(gunler, holtz, Raymond)

I think we just need an elite PP RHD defenseman with a shot. I'd pay big for the right guy. Good contract, under 30, etc. I'd give up a first and a top prospect (other than Zegras).

The elite winger, for me, is just a nice to have. If we find a great deal, I make a move, but I actually think we have enough firepower on the wings, they just need time to develop. Comtois, Terry, Jones are all starting to show their moves. If they keep getting chances like that, they'll start putting them in.

Reactions: Getz2noone

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
If Shore wasn't hurt I don't know why he would be scratched he's been one of our best players each game.

Reactions: MilesNewton

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Getzy shooting a puck on a breakaway was already a win.

Dissapointing loss but because we didn't use our chances. There is a lot to build on. Easily one of the most encouraging losses (lol) I remember in recent memory.

Watching the Sabres game. They look much more dangerous than Bruins. Will be a big test as well

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
A bit frustrating game. Ducks had good periods but they couldn't get into dangerous scoring areas and Halak was very good. Boston, or should I say Pasta converted when they/he had an opportunity and it was enough for them. Ducks need to get that PP working, it makes no sense at the moment. There is potential for good things to come, I don't know if they are going to come this season or next but there are positive things and they need to work on them some more.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
im still not sold on the kids being on this roster right now. there's obvious promise, but none of them are really contributing anything.

I liked what I've seen out of Steel so far. He could have had a point today as he found Kase alone down the middle of the, but Kase couldn't finish it. ::: sighs ::: The Ducks had a lot of those in the 2nd period, but just couldn't get one past the netminder. I guess it does happen, but at least we know the opportunities where there. If we hit on half of those odd-man breaks, then it's a completely different game. But Lindholm made a terrible mistake and Manson had a bad break (what's odd is that Hazy found it curious for Steel to be taking the draw on that faceoff dot side of the ice - iirc).

Terry is buzzing around. This game is akin to Terry's time up with the NHL club so far - lots to see good in it, but no finish to it.

If Shore was a healthy scratch, then I suggest we abandon that idea STAT! "We need more Shore!"

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Pasta had 81 pts last yr ... in 66 games. I'd be happy if Rakell hits 66 pts in a whole year.

Interesting post, most likely just to take a jab at Rakell because he didn't like your IG post or something because nobody is saying Rakell is as good as Pasta.

Ya... boston def more opportunistic, with an actual powerplay.

That's the biggest difference

Yup, Boston capitalizing on opportunties was the main difference. They made just as many mistakes, if not more, than the Ducks did but the Ducks simply didn't capitalize. These types of games happen multiple times per year to every team.

did you guys know the ducks took ritchie over pastrnak in the '14 draft? not sure if its ever been brought up before

He's so good. He boomed us (X4).

Also do NOT look up where Pastrnak was drafted and who was drafted 13 spots ahead of him.

24 other teams passed on him as well. This isn't some type of aberration, it's called a draft.

Ya, those are key ingredients. Also no finish, no scorers. What am I missing here? I always though we were going to hover around .500. We need an elite scorer desperately. Do they look a little better? Sure. but this isn't a playoff team and this game shows that.

I agree. Vegas should also mail it in because they lost to Boston as well.

Process over results right now. I thought they played a great game and deserved better.

Boston showed how important it is to have a guy who can finish his chances, we just don't have that.

There were a lot of positives. In a re-tooling year with a lot of young guys in the lineup we actually played a pretty good game against a legitimate cup contender.

Agreed, and that may change with being able to get the ketchup flowing.

Meh. Not a horrible game. Signs of promise but Getzlaf has clearly taken a big step back. On to the next but this is going to be a rebuild year. Dallas seems to have had a good effect on team morale though so I doubt they will have any epic losing streaks like last year. Its too bad we didn't have this team last year when it was easy to be good in the Pacific. A lot changes in a year.

Huh? Who is good in the Pacific this year besides the Knights? Kings are trash, Edmonton is Edmonton, Calgary's d-core got another year older and they lost their starting goaltender, and the Sharks lost significant production, got older on the back end, and rely on Martin Jones.

Getzbald is the same age as C. Ronaldo....Getzbald just doesn't have it anymore

To be fair, Ronaldo takes care of his body as good or better then infamous American's such as Chara and Tom Brady.

I feel like we never do well during the euro friendly game times.

West coast teams typically don't do well in that window IIRC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Getz2noone

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
Mr. Garrity, I do believe your remark about the "ketchup flowing" nicely sums up where we are right now, and how I feel going forward. We have played well up to now, and this game (outside of the 1st 5-10 minutes) may have been our best. We outshot them 32-23, we out chanced them 17-10. Special teams and Halak were the difference. If we keep getting chances, the goals will come. But we DO need to get out of the PP hole. I agree we should see Steel on it, and when Guhle gets back I want to see him on it too. But I'm in no way prepared to say we just don't have any scorers - not yet, at any rate.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
This game pretty much summed up how I think the season will go. Sections of strong play mixed with mistakes. Good enough for many teams but not for real contenders. The good news is the system is noticably better and a number of the younger players are improving.

It's exciting to see them control the play at times against a legit contender. The Ducks are so much more fun to watch this season even in a loss.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Thought this was our best game of the season and score didn't really reflect the game at all. Boston got two absolutely perfect bounces for goals and then Lindholm had a brain fade to give Boston another easy goal. We created a ton of chances, and really should have scored 4 or 5 goals.

Happy with the performance, really promising signs against a top team. We'd be a chance against quite a few teams if we play at that level all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad