GDT: Ducks visit Bruins 1 PM ET on 10 - 14 - 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Process over results right now. I thought they played a great game and deserved better.

Boston showed how important it is to have a guy who can finish his chances, we just don't have that.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Not a bad game... ill take 2-2 on the road trip.

Halak had a big game... few brain farts as far as taking penalties go.

We really need to spend some time on the power play... and for the love of god put steel on it.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Mistakes costs them, bad turnover in the 2nd and the consecutive icings which leads to a face off goal. Other than that they were able to skate with the SC runner up.

Just gotta move on and focus on the next game. 4-2 record, still a solid start. Need to fix the damn PP. One PP goal could have changed the momentum of this game and maybe they never give up 4 goals.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Process over results right now. I thought they played a great game and deserved better.

Boston showed how important it is to have a guy who can finish his chances, we just don't have that.
See I feel like we have Rakell and Kase who are great finishers... the problem is we don't really have lines for them to excel on.

You look at some of the best goal scorers in the league... a lot play on lines that are amongst the tops in the league.

Matthews w/ nylander
Pasta + marchand w/ bergeron
Stamkos w/ kucherov and point
Laine w/ shiefle + ehlers(I think that's the line)
Draisitl w/ Mcdavid

I could go on...
Right now we have Kase w/ Ritchie and Henrique(today was comtois and getz)
and rakell with Silf + lundy/Steel. Most good goal scorers have a line with another top line/elite player.

TheIceman93

Apr 11, 2016
Meh. Not a horrible game. Signs of promise but Getzlaf has clearly taken a big step back. On to the next but this is going to be a rebuild year. Dallas seems to have had a good effect on team morale though so I doubt they will have any epic losing streaks like last year. Its too bad we didn't have this team last year when it was easy to be good in the Pacific. A lot changes in a year.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
These games happen, especially to a team that's getting younger. Lots of things to be learned from this one.

Pasta and the bad defensive coverage killed us tonight. Not converting on some glorious chances in the 2nd also did us no favors. If they manage to tap into the 2nd period effort and stretch it out for a full 60 minutes, I think this team will get more wins than losses.

Oh well, still 4-2 to start the year. On to the next one!

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
im still not sold on the kids being on this roster right now. there's obvious promise, but none of them are really contributing anything.
I mean we don't really have any options.

Steel is the only 1 that I feel really deserves to be on the roster, terry shows flashes. Lundy could be fine at the NHL level.... but I think we need him to work on his offensive game in the AHL.

Jones comtois def shouldn't be on the roster right now. sheerwood should be in over both of them

I have a feeling Getzlaf will need a little while off eventually... so theres a good chance were going to see an even younger group of forwards than we saw today.

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Missed a period and a half due to eye appointment, but from what I saw, not a horrible game against a legit contender. Getting burned by probably the best line in league is gonna happen with this group.

I know there's a lot of miles on Getzlaf, but geez, does he do anything to stay in shape over summer? I wouldn't mind this "efficient veteran" mode if he were controlling the game in any way.

Kase is definitely most dangerous forward...by far. Steel looked alright considering the layoff.

The talent is promising but the finish is lacking. At least it hasn't been painful to watch them.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I thought Comtois had a good game after a sluggish first period. Steel looked like the best of the bunch of the kids but also like somebody just coming back from injury. Terry is so skilled and you can plainly see there is high end upside there but still seems way too passive on the puck.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
How much of this looked like poor line chemistry from all the line juggling that’s going on?
We look like a team playing a new system... with a lot of new faces. Pretty much how youd expect this roster to look.

Were competitive... we lack chemistry... that should get better throughout the season.

We need people to chip in outside of Rakell Silf Kase Lindholm and Fowler.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
We need a caufield type prospect miserably

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't think chemistry was really an issue. The team generated more than enough chances to win, we just didn't have the puck luck or finish.

Two of their goals were self inflicted, the score wasnt reflective of the game flow.
I agree to an extent, but there still moments where you can see an obvious lack of chemistry/knowing each other.

It was a solid game... after the first 5 mins of period 1... I thought we dictated a pretty good portion of the game.... we just need to capitalize on our chances... and fix our powerplay.

Halak prob not getting enough credit either.. he made some pretty huge saves in the 2nd period to keep them ahead. Kase using that move on breakaway is usually lights out..

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I mean we don't really have any options.

Steel is the only 1 that I feel really deserves to be on the roster, terry shows flashes. Lundy could be fine at the NHL level.... but I think we need him to work on his offensive game in the AHL.

Jones comtois def shouldn't be on the roster right now. sheerwood should be in over both of them

I have a feeling Getzlaf will need a little while off eventually... so theres a good chance were going to see an even younger group of forwards than we saw today.

Rakell - Getz - Terry
Ritchie - Rico - Kase
Sherwood - Steel - Silfverberg
Shore - Grant - Rowney

EDIT: If scoring/PP continues to be an issue, try to bring back Sprong to be a "designated hitter"...? :dunno:

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I agree to an extent, but there still moments where you can see an obvious lack of chemistry/knowing each other.

It was a solid game... after the first 5 mins of period 1... I thought we dictated a pretty good portion of the game.... we just need to capitalize on our chances... and fix our powerplay.

Halak prob not getting enough credit either.. he made some pretty huge saves in the 2nd period to keep them ahead. Kase using that move on breakaway is usually lights out..

The fact they got like 2 or 3 breakaways in the same period against a stacked D Bruins team is a very good sign.

Reactions: Getz2noone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->