Ducks unveil reverse retro jersey

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I'm actually glad that this is the direction they went. Given that some kind of "remix" was supposed to be central to the campaign, I prefer going with that third over the original design which would've been less fun and probably bad. I'm also glad they didn't go orange or black but instead kept true to the original colors, maybe a sign of good things to come, although I doubt it.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I get why they used Wild Wing because we have been using the original crest often. We used it with the 25th year jersey. We used it as our third jersey last year with orange. So it was between Wild Wing or the purple/black word mark. Guess since we use black in our current uni's, then this color scheme is a good change of pace. I like the color scheme, but not Wild Wing breaking through the ice. We don't have a lot to choose from.

The Whalers jersey as the retro reverse for the Hurricanes looks very nice.

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
The Ducks have a couple of the all time best and a couple of the all time worst. This falls into the middle, actually starting to grow on me a bit. Still wont buy it though.

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
Have we ever done an all time Ducks Sweater poll. We would need pictures obviously in case someone would be able to put it together at some point.

Reactions: Sam Steel

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I guess I'm fine with the jersey as a novelty item for fans to purchase and wear around. But when it comes to actually watching the team on the ice play in those jerseys, I'm not excited about it.
That's what these jerseys are all about anyway. They will play with them on the ice just a small number of times, but they are releasing these for fans to buy so they can earn money. And these are awesome for fans to wear in my opinion. Yes, that crest looks horrible as a standard hockey jersey, but it's not what it is supposed to be imo.

PS
Also what I noticed is that compared to previous 2 versions of this jersey (in 1995 and last years warmup), the Wild Wing is smaller which is much more fitting.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I guess I'm fine with the jersey as a novelty item for fans to purchase and wear around. But when it comes to actually watching the team on the ice play in those jerseys, I'm not excited about it.
I think this is a good way to think about it. Just putting these in team stores allows the folks with poor taste to enjoy their nostalgia kick while the team can avoid wearing it. This is an NHL team, not the f***ing Mudbugs.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
They had the perfect chance to make a reverse of the eggplant mighty ducks jerseys in teal...

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
Wbo made the decision to bring back this God awful jersey? They should be fired. Way to make the Ducks look like a joke.

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018
Have we ever done an all time Ducks Sweater poll. We would need pictures obviously in case someone would be able to put it together at some point.

I'm down to put one together. Question though, would a home and away sweaters be separate choices or one?

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
I know this is probably outside the realm of possibilities, but imagine them hoisting the cup in this sweater. The mainboards would be a tremendous source of entertainment.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
I think that it could be a good thing. If nothing else it will generate Ducks talk in markets that never mention them (in the 'there's no such thing as bad publicity' vein). Who knows, it might even get some of their games televised when they normally wouldn't be just because the jerseys 'are' so different than anything else out there.

I don't know if I'd buy one but I'd certainly wear it if given it.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Saw it in person today. Looks worse in person imo.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
Went to the team store today to get a jersey for the kids

Saw the new retro jerseys. The quality sucks on it. Its not even the stitching and its all done by print with the hot press.

Hard pass on this one

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Went to the team store today to get a jersey for the kids

Saw the new retro jerseys. The quality sucks on it. Its not even the stitching and its all done by print with the hot press.

Hard pass on this one
It's dog shit

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
can't believe so many of you hate the new retro sweater

i think it's awesome and a matter of time before they actually listen to the fans and ditch the boring black/orange to bring back the old logo and colors

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
can't believe so many of you hate the new retro sweater

i think it's awesome and a matter of time before they actually listen to the fans and ditch the boring black/orange to bring back the old logo and colors
We’ve been saying it’s a matter of time for at least a decade.

I don’t think it’s happening under the Samueli’s watch. They are still committed to creating their “own identity” for the team post-Disney. Doing these 3rd jersey and anniversary retro looks is simply a way to appease people and sell additional jerseys.

It’s idiotic but it’s their team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad