Confirmed with Link: Ducks unveil new 3rd jerseys

One More Salami

Feb 25, 2013
I'm not ignoring it, I'm just completely dismissing it because I assume it is European formatted and the continent needs to learn to put the month first.

Sorry to tell you, but it's not us who need to learn thing or two about dates and units. ;)

The jersey looks horrible. If you go orange why not do it properly.

PaddyMcStackin

Goalier Than Thou
Apr 18, 2018
tatco-traffic-cones-tco25900-64_300.jpg

Fitting I suppose...

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

DuckRogers10

Feb 3, 2016
Cypress, CA
god awful. really wish they'd go away from the orange

just keep the third from last season as the regular third. or better yet, do away with the terrible D logo and make the third the regular home sweater and make a white away version
Might as well get over it, the og logo will never be our primary again. :ducks:ducks:ducks:ducks:ducks:ducks

wraparound

May 17, 2014
Why can't they just go with the black ones from last year. Let Edmonton and Philly have the orange.
If they ditched the shoulder D patches I’d be all in.

Bonus points for going to Eggplant helmets, gloves & pants

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I like the inclusiveness of the orange in the jersey, especially since the Samueli's bought the Ducks with full intentions of keeping the Ducks in Anaheim. The orange also serves, IMO, the county that the Ducks play in - orange county. But I don't think that's one of the primary reason for the orange color. Stating "OC" as a side patch is meh. Now, the orange and gold is a nice touch, tbh.

The webbed-D is ... meh. I do love the original Duck logo. I'm not opposed to re-integrating it into a new jersey set up. But you've got to make it look aesthetically appeasing at the very least. With the old scheme, the colors actually do reflect what a duck looks like with the eggplant, gray, and jade green. That's a pretty amazing design as it has a direct tangibility to the use of those particular color pallets. I like these little nuances as it gives far more depth to the uniqueness of the jersey. I'm not a fan of the black b/c that feels like they're chasing trends as opposed to being a trendsetter. But that's just me.

wraparound

May 17, 2014
I mean the fruit was named after the color....
Aaaaactually...

The colour orange is named after the appearance of the ripe orange fruit.[3] The word comes from the Old French orange, from the old term for the fruit, pomme d'orange. The French word, in turn, comes from the Italian arancia,[4][5] based on Arabic nāranj, derived from the Sanskrit nāraṅga (नारङ्ग).[6] The first recorded use of orange as a colour name in English was in 1512,[7][8] in a will now filed with the Public Record Office. The term “orange” is used in a pre-Norman French-language poem dating to 1044.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
i have said it before but i dont know why they dont use the gulls color combo...dont know why the blue makes such a big diffrence but it just looks so much better...take a gulls jersey and throw the D or wild wing logo and be done with it

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I don't like orange as a colour scheme for hockey jerseys, but it's cool how it pays tribute to the three main jerseys the franchise has worn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->