Speculation: Ducks unable to agree to a long term deal with Montour. likely head to arbitration

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Meh no biggy… I think Montour is confident that he is going to have a breakout season here or there, and likely doesn't want to sign long term(see the rakell contract).

I imagine were trying to get him long term for under 4, but honestly if he signs a 2 year deal I wont be shocked if he becomes a 6 mil a year player. Pretty okay with it.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Eh, BM has a rep for playing hardball with the RFA's. Its how we ended up with such amazing deals for Rakell and Lindholm

Reactions: McDonald19

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Meh no biggy… I think Montour is confident that he is going to have a breakout season here or there, and likely doesn't want to sign long term(see the rakell contract).

I imagine were trying to get him long term for under 4, but honestly if he signs a 2 year deal I wont be shocked if he becomes a 6 mil a year player. Pretty okay with it.

He’s not worth 6 million a year for two years. I would rather trade Montour if he wants that type of bridge deal. Lindholm didn’t even sign for that why would Montour get that? Makes absolutely no sense.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He’s not worth 6 million a year for two years. I would rather trade Montour if he wants that type of bridge deal. Lindholm didn’t even sign for that why would Montour get that? Makes absolutely no sense.
No after his bridge

Reactions: ottawa

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
He literally didn't say anything in his post about Montour getting 6 million per year for two years...

Reactions: ottawa

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
You might want to take a second look at that post you quoted.

What he is saying is that after a 2-year bridge deal, he wouldn't be surprised to see him get a long-term $6M deal.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Fine with this. If he can prove he is worth a bigger contract long term after arbitration, then let's go!

Also Hyman+

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Aaaaaaaand cue the usual trade proposals for every single good young player around the league....

Hyman+
Kapanen+

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I didn't know how good he was, I thought Nelson for Montour would have been a good base for a trade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->