Confirmed with Link: Ducks sign Tristan Luneau to ELC (3 years, $896,667 AAV)

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Idk why I just feel like he gets slept on so much compared to our other D prospects, that he’ll end up being the best just out of irony.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Idk why I just feel like he gets slept on so much compared to our other D prospects, that he’ll end up being the best just out of irony.

On our board, he isn't slept on at all. Here's our summer prospect rankings. Luneau is ranked 5th.

2023 Ducks Prospect Rankings:

1. C - Leo Carlsson (2023 draftee)
2. D - Pavel Mintyukov (no change)
3. D - Olen Zellweger (no change)
4. G - Lukas Dostal (no change)
5. D - Tristan Luneau (+9)
6. D - Jackson LaCombe (+4)
7. D - Tyson Hinds (+13)
8. C - Nathan Gaucher (-1)
9. RW - Sasha Pastujov (no change)
10. LW - Nico Myatovic (2023 draftee)
11. LW - Connor Hvidston (2022 HM)
12. D - Drew Helleson (-1)
13. D - Ian Moore (+5)
14. RW - Jacob Perreault (-9)
15. D - Noah Warren (-2)
16. LW - Nikita Nesterenko (2023 acquired)
17. LW - Pavol Regenda (+7)
18. C - Benoit-Olivier Groulx (+1)
19. G - Calle Clang (-4)
20. LW - Brayden Tracey (-8)
21. C - Carey Terrance (2023 draftee)
22. G - Damian Clara (2023 draftee)
23. RW - Yegor Sidorov (2023 draftee)
24. RW - Coulson Pitre (2023 draftee)
25. RW - Sam Colangelo (-8)

Honorable Mentions: C - Kyle Kukkonen, D - Rodwin Dionicio, D - Vojtech Port, G - Gage Alexander, G - Vyacheslav Buteyets

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
"Who?" - EliteProspects
:sarcasm:

Way to go, glad to get it out of the way, albeit it was obviously about to happen pre-camp. He's some time away, but I absolutely loved what I saw when I watched his games. Can be a dominant defender, but is probably some years away from the show and needs to stay healthy.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
uncle-rico-no-doubt-in-my-mind.gif

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Oh I’m not taking our board, I know he’s pretty highly regarded here. But you listen to most podcasts/ media and he’s hardly mentioned compared to Zell/ Minty.

Zell and Minty's past two years have been highly productive. Zell won WHL d-man of the year twice. Korchinski and Mateychuk also two consecutive seasons of being productive. Luneau finally broke out this past season, showing off the improvement from knee surgery.

Was last year a fluke for Luneau? Duck fans know the reason he fell to the 2nd round was he never played well after his knee surgery. We took the gamble that Luneau would recover and that the Ducks didn't need to rush him. I still think Luneau can unlock some more burst from his first couple of strides from a full stop, which should make him standout even more.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
He’s been really good and I might even say the best of the 3 - and the other two have looked really good as well. I hope he at least gets a look in a few real games.

Reactions: Zegras11

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I think Luneau is the most important prospect the Ducks have outside of Carlsson. He is the only RHD in the organization with top pairing potential outside of Drysdale.

No need to put him in the NHL at 19. He should get his 9 games and go dominate the Q.

Last edited:

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I think Luneau is the most important prospect the Ducks have outside of Carlsson. He is the only RHD in the organization with top pairing defensemen outside of Drysdale.

No need to put him in the NHL at 19. He should get his 9 games and go dominate the Q.

We might have a problem on giving Luneau a 9-game NHL look due to quantity of defensemen we have that are not waiver exempt, including the newly acquired Lassi.

Ducks D-men Depth Chart
LD.RD
FowlerGudas
LaCombeLyubushkin
HaggLassi
Vaaks(Drysdale)
White

Right now, we probably can carry 8-dmen and not waive any d-men, which doesn't include Drysdale. Throwing Luneau into the mix for a 9-game stint would complicate things even more.

If we carry only 7-dmen, which includes Luneau, then we're going to have to waive two d-men in Vaaks, White, or Lassi. And if Drysdale returns before Luneau's 9-game NHL stint is up, then we're going to have a waive a forward.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I think Luneau is the most important prospect the Ducks have outside of Carlsson. He is the only RHD in the organization with top pairing potential outside of Drysdale.

I'd love to see him in the WJC. He should be able to get a top spot on the Canadian blue line. Would be super interesting to see what he can do in that setting. Don't know for sure but he could turn some heads there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad