Confirmed with Link: Ducks sign Trevor Zegras to ELC (3 years, $925K AAV)

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
We gave up on Kase, but he never came close to his potential and was injured often . Rakell has shown what he can do, and he is still young, and can get back there again, imo.. He had 7 points in his last 5 games before the season was suspended. So was heating up.

he did have 7 points his past 5 games but even in those games he was invisible, there just happened to have a bit more puck luck when he was on the ice. Rakell has been the biggest disappointment to me the past two seasons, he looks like he doesn’t want to be here anymore.

We aren’t going to be any good before his contract is up and I personally can’t see him rebounding, now is the time to move him. Get rid of the passengers, this team needs more accountability.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
he did have 7 points his past 5 games but even in those games he was invisible, there just happened to have a bit more puck luck when he was on the ice. Rakell has been the biggest disappointment to me the past two seasons, he looks like he doesn’t want to be here anymore.

We aren’t going to be any good before his contract is up and I personally can’t see him rebounding, now is the time to move him. Get rid of the passengers, this team needs more accountability.

As I said before, agree with the lack of effort level, but like to see one more season. He can still be traded next TDL and will have another season so there is still value. I just hate to move a former 30 goal scorer who is still rather young when this team lacks goal scorers and have a playmaking top prospect in Z coming up in a year or two.

I don’t think its about him not wanting to be here, but the response to losing which is never fun. But I agree, need more accountability which is why several players were moved, with the exception of Grant of course, who was a rental and was the right thing to do. Wonder if the cancelled season gives Anaheim a better chance to get him back.

Anyway, really hoping we do well in the draft. A top 3 pick would be amazing, especially in this draft.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Will Rakell even want to extend considering the state of this team? He sure isn't playing like he wants to be here for a rebuild.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I have no interest in paying Rakell 6-7 mil a year. And if he rebounds even a little that’s what he will get in the open market. If he has a big bounce back he will get more.

He was one of my favorite players before last season but these last 2 years have been so sad. He plays like he doesn’t care now that the Ducks are not chasing a cup. That’s not who I want paying that much money to for the next 8 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad