Confirmed with Link: Ducks sign Shane O'Brien to one year contract

Papaspud

Vatman
Dec 19, 2008
To the rescue
for all the hate he's getting here, he didn't put up bad numbers during his last tour in the AHL, and he is still very close friends with quite a few players on the big club. Might be just the piece needed to play with the Gulls, and be ready and able to step in if any of our D get the mumps or injured next season.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Still can't believe that trade went down.

Even at the time, a first round pick for him seemed like a pretty steep price.

yeah i still remember that trade. if i remember correctly it was o'brien and a 3rd rounder to tampa for gerald coleman and a 1st round pick. pretty sure the ducks ended up trading that pick to minnesota who drafted colton gillies with it

looking at it now, totally lopsided trade in favor of the ducks. too bad we ended up with mcmillan when pacioretty went to the habs a few picks later

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
IIRC the purpose of acquiring the pick at the time was to trade for a rental but Burke couldn't close the deal on anything. There was an interesting trade deadline blog from Burke floating around from that year.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
IIRC the purpose of acquiring the pick at the time was to trade for a rental but Burke couldn't close the deal on anything. There was an interesting trade deadline blog from Burke floating around from that year.

I couldn't find you a link, but there's a very strong rumor that he had a deal for Jason Blake, but the fax didn't get in on time, or something of that nature. Thank god it didn't.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
yeah i still remember that trade. if i remember correctly it was o'brien and a 3rd rounder to tampa for gerald coleman and a 1st round pick. pretty sure the ducks ended up trading that pick to minnesota who drafted colton gillies with it

looking at it now, totally lopsided trade in favor of the ducks. too bad we ended up with mcmillan when pacioretty went to the habs a few picks later
Yeah he wasn't getting a first by himself. The 2nd going the other way made his value roughly a 2nd.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I couldn't find you a link, but there's a very strong rumor that he had a deal for Jason Blake, but the fax didn't get in on time, or something of that nature. Thank god it didn't.

Yeah I remember that rumor from the deadline. I wonder if it would have made any difference to whether we won the cup or not. Either way it was a deal we didn't need to make in hindsight.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I don't think he gets any games personally. He's probably 10th on depth chart behind Holzer, Manson, and Theodore.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I agree, we're as likely to see Shane O' as we are McGrattan. Outside possibility if we get into the annual man-games-lost contest with Columbus again, but otherwise they are deeeeep on the depth chart.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00