Confirmed with Link: Ducks sign Roman Durny to ELC

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
So we now have Gibson, Stolarz, Dostal, Eriksson Ek, and Durny under contract for next season, with Miller and Boyle UFAs. I'd guess we bring one of Miller/Boyle back. I also wonder where Dostal will play next season.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
So we now have Gibson, Stolarz, Dostal, Eriksson Ek, and Durny under contract for next season, with Miller and Boyle UFAs. I'd guess we bring one of Miller/Boyle back. I also wonder where Dostal will play next season.
Hopefully

NHL: Gibson/Miller
AHL: Stolarz/Dostal
ECHL: OEE/Durny

if Miller doesn’t come back

NHL: Gibson/Stolarz
AHL: Boyle/Dostal
ECHL: OEE/Durny

don’t have much confidence in either OEE or Durny at the AHL level yet, hopefully they improve next season.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Think Durny was the last prospect we had to sign whose rights were expiring. Now we can focus on extensions for Larsson, Milano, and Djoos and hopefully some NCAA/CHL/Euro free agents

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Since I always root for Slovak hockey to grow again, this makes me happy.

His stats last season were underwhelming, but then you look at the stats for all of the Norfolk players it seems like the team was a complete tirefire. I liked his WHJC showing very much, and still looks like our scouts see some potential in him.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Goalies develop on a weird pace. Durny is going to turn 22 next month so he is still a young guy and it is impossible to tell what he is going to develop into. Am I expecting a star goaltender? No, that is unlikely but it is too early to tell what he could become. Lets see in four five years how he has progressed.

BTW, Bobkov who was drafted by Anaheim in 2009 just had an amazing season in KHL and he turned 29 this January. He could likely do fine in the NHL right now so that's just one example of how goalies develop usually later than other players.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Madden said they see starter material in both Durny and Dostal. I guess they till see it that way and I would be surprised if they sign a goalie out of college this year, something they used to do the years before.

I wish Dostal would have Durnys body btw.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Goalies develop on a weird pace. Durny is going to turn 22 next month so he is still a young guy and it is impossible to tell what he is going to develop into. Am I expecting a star goaltender? No, that is unlikely but it is too early to tell what he could become. Lets see in four five years how he has progressed.

BTW, Bobkov who was drafted by Anaheim in 2009 just had an amazing season in KHL and he turned 29 this January. He could likely do fine in the NHL right now so that's just one example of how goalies develop usually later than other players.
And he was the last Russian drafted by the Ducks. Would be a nice story if Bobkov makes it to the NHL, that would make the Ducks 2 for 2 in drafting Russian goalies with Bryz and Bob.
and the last Russian to play for the Ducks was Khudobin in 15-16 and a year before that Bryzgalov in 14-15.
Seems as though the only Russians that the Ducks like are goalies and they seem to like being in NA compared to the skaters who seem to have a higher chance of going back to KHL.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

DuckTech

In vino veritas
Jul 7, 2011
Rural Orange County
And he was the last Russian drafted by the Ducks. Would be a nice story if Bobkov makes it to the NHL, that would make the Ducks 2 for 2 in drafting Russian goalies with Bryz and Bob.
and the last Russian to play for the Ducks was Khudobin in 15-16 and a year before that Bryzgalov in 14-15.
Seems as though the only Russians that the Ducks like are goalies and they seem to like being in NA compared to the skaters who seem to have a higher chance of going back to KHL.
I always thought Dobby was Kazakhstani. so Russian adjacent

Anton Khudobin Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Los Patos de Anaheim

Nov 19, 2016
Idaho, USA

Remember how bad Bobkov was in the prospects tournament in 2013? He’s come a long way!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad