Confirmed with Link: Ducks sign Nick Ritchie (3 years, $1.533M AAV)

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
If Ritchie continues training as hard as he did this past offseason for the next 3 offseasons, he will be looking at a much more lucrative contract by the time his 26th birthday rolls around. Like at least double of what he got this time.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
During the Hawks game last night, Ritchie was fighting for position in the crease and threw some guy around like a rag doll. It was in the 3rd and I didn't catch the other players name, but Ritchie shoved the guy so hard he almost fell to his hands and knees. That was nice to see. I hope this is much closer to the new Ritchie we get from here on out.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
If Ritchie continues training as hard as he did this past offseason for the next 3 offseasons, he will be looking at a much more lucrative contract by the time his 26th birthday rolls around. Like at least double of what he got this time.
lol if he continues to train that hard in the offseason he'd be probably looking at 3-5x his current contract as i see this ritchie being able to be quite successful. 25-25 would be within reach if he continues to mature.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
During the Hawks game last night, Ritchie was fighting for position in the crease and threw some guy around like a rag doll. It was in the 3rd and I didn't catch the other players name, but Ritchie shoved the guy so hard he almost fell to his hands and knees. That was nice to see. I hope this is much closer to the new Ritchie we get from here on out.

He (at times) was putting the most effort out of anyone out there. I'm liking the new Ritchie

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho

My wife and I both said the same thing several times during the game, and especially that sequence. It was good to see somebody on this team have some muscle and fiestiness again.

Reactions: Dirk316

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
It was more than just his physical condition. Maybe it’s because I’ve been accustomed to seeing garbage on ice for the first 10 games, but he was way more offensively aware than I’ve seen from him in the past. There was a level of creativity that he didn’t really have in his game last season.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
It was more than just his physical condition. Maybe it’s because I’ve been accustomed to seeing garbage on ice for the first 10 games, but he was way more offensively aware than I’ve seen from him in the past. There was a level of creativity that he didn’t really have in his game last season.

I think Ritchie has had ample opportunities to grab prime positions in the past honestly.

That said, I've been no stranger in Ritchie debates that I think powerforwards take longer to come into their own. I think there's an adjustment since they're not playing against kids that they're simply far more advanced physically. I think a large portion of that is realizing that their size alone isn't going to take them far in the league. They have to decide if they're content with being an NHLer (primarily due to talent and physical traits) or if they want to be more than that. Based on his conditioning and first game, it looks like Ritchie wanted to be more which is a great sign. The next step is to maintain that work ethic and keeping that desire to be great, not just good.

Maroon is a good example. I'm of the opinion that even the "Anaheim Maroon" has much more value then some realized. 4th liners who slide up and down the lineup and produce, who also can stand up for teammates have a lot of value. See how much guys like Martin, Shawn Thorton, etc. are paid. Maroon, for whatever reason, realized he wanted to be more and now he's obviously a much better player. Hoping Ritchie does something similar. He's got the potential to be a prime Lucic though. Regardless, extremely glad we kept him. I was very fearful that he'd be traded this past offseason.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul4587

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad