Confirmed with Link: Ducks sign Michael Del Zotto (1 year, $750K)

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Well the team had played with an Italian on the roster for such a long time until the Cogs trade, Murray had to sign Del Zotto cause he misses Cogliano's cooking already.
Cogs made the food and Holzer brewed the beer. Now with a dietician like Eakins they need someone who can cook, Del Zotto fits into that perfectly, Holzer likely in charge of brewing fitness drinks.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
It’s only ok because he’s on so little and SAN Diego’s D needed shoring up. If he’s in the top 4 come October then the signing will be an issue.

yeah this is where I'm at. If he's being brought in to be 6/7/ahl depth, then I'm good with it. If this move is with the idea that he can play a key role, it's f***ing Pejorative Slured.

Reactions: Paul4587

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It's all starting to make sense
I think it is. Well, not in the grand scheme of things because some of the moves prior to this offseason were just bizarre. But just looking at this off-season specifically, the moves make perfect sense to me.

The problem was that he hung onto the idea that the window was open for about a year-year and a half too long. In hindsight, the window was pinned shut the minute Kesler hurt his hip.

The Del Zottos, Deslauriers, etc of the world are the moves you’d expect in a rebuild/retool . They’re in there to provide competition on strictly a 1 year basis. Nothing more

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Y'all gotta understand if either Fowler or Lindholm gets hurt our left side is literally

Lindholm/Fowler
Guhle
Larsson

A depth d-man on this side was necessary. Del Zotto was very cheap. Guess Bob learned from Schenn and Sustr's combined $2+ million last year. If we get another 6th, it's a win.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
They were a bounce or 2 away from the finals even with Carlyle in 2017.

Not sure I buy that it “closed” in 2015. But it was for sure done early on in 18
One of the major keys to winning a cup is your team staying healthy

Once rakell eaves Gibson went down it was over

That’s two 30 goal scorers and an elite number 1 goalie

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
I think our window closed when Kesler had his surgery and the reality of his injury was found.
I can agree with this, but it wasn't "nailed shut." I believe this team can rebound a lot more quickly than many think.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Still doesn't solve the issue of RHD possibly a solid addition but it would be nice to have someone at RHD.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I can agree with this, but it wasn't "nailed shut." I believe this team can rebound a lot more quickly than many think.
The window people are referring to was the window with Kesler/Perry/Getzlaf as the stars. From about 2014-2017 more or less

Even if the Ducks rebound quicker than expected, it will be with a much different cast of characters. Hence, it will be a new “window”

It’s very possible that’s Silfverberg/Rakell/Lindholm/Gibson/ Fowler end up being part of 2 cup windows. Similar to how Getzlaf and Perry were first a part of the “Niedermayer/Pronger window” and then later the stars of their own window

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The window people are referring to was the window with Kesler/Perry/Getzlaf as the stars. From about 2014-2017 more or less

Even if the Ducks rebound quicker than expected, it will be with a much different cast of characters. Hence, it will be a new “window”

It’s very possible that’s Silfverberg/Rakell/Lindholm/Gibson/ Fowler end up being part of 2 cup windows. Similar to how Getzlaf and Perry were first a part of the “Niedermayer/Pronger window” and then later the stars of their own window

I can definitely see another window opening up if Steel/Terry/Zegras etc end up hitting their ceilings. We’ve got a ton of depth, we need one or two of those guys to reach star level (Zegras seems like the best bet) and we could be properly competitive within 2-3 years.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
I can definitely see another window opening up if Steel/Terry/Zegras etc end up hitting their ceilings. We’ve got a ton of depth, we need one or two of those guys to reach star level (Zegras seems like the best bet) and we could be properly competitive within 2-3 years.
I could see terry hitting 60 pt level

Not sure anyone outside of Zegras hitting the ppg level and that’s still a reach

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I think it is. Well, not in the grand scheme of things because some of the moves prior to this offseason were just bizarre. But just looking at this off-season specifically, the moves make perfect sense to me.

The problem was that he hung onto the idea that the window was open for about a year-year and a half too long. In hindsight, the window was pinned shut the minute Kesler hurt his hip.

The Del Zottos, Deslauriers, etc of the world are the moves you’d expect in a rebuild/retool . They’re in there to provide competition on strictly a 1 year basis. Nothing more
I'm just joking around about the whole Montour trade will make sense in the long term (to me it still doesn't make sense for a number of reasons), the Del Zotto move is just a big load of meh either way - we're not going to be a playoff team this coming season and as you said moves like the Del Zotto one are ones teams in Anaheim's position need to do to fill out their roster. Though I'm not a fan of Deslauriers or the trade, but at least we didn't give up much for him.

I'm certainly a fan of BM not giving out any boneheaded long term deals in FA this season given where this team is.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I'm just joking around about the whole Montour trade will make sense in the long term (to me it still doesn't make sense for a number of reasons), the Del Zotto move is just a big load of meh either way - we're not going to be a playoff team this coming season and as you said moves like the Del Zotto one are ones teams in Anaheim's position need to do to fill out their roster. Though I'm not a fan of Deslauriers or the trade, but at least we didn't give up much for him.

I'm certainly a fan of BM not giving out any boneheaded long term deals in FA this season given where this team is.

Someone please remember to ask about that from Stephens the next time he does a mailbag or Q&A thingy. Not sure if he has any insights but I do remember that quote from Murray at the time of the trade and am still baffled by it.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Someone please remember to ask about that from Stephens the next time he does a mailbag or Q&A thingy. Not sure if he has any insights but I do remember that quote from Murray at the time of the trade and am still baffled by it.
Yeah, that quote definitely made it sound like Murray had some big plans for the defense. Unless he meant it like "just wait till you hear his demands for his next contract" lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad