Confirmed with Link: Ducks Sign Jani Hakanpää (1 year, $750K) and Christian Djoos (1 year, $1M) to extensions

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Here is hoping the extended break will give Hakanpää a chance to work on his skating and general awareness on the ice.
He looked lost during many games. Not the toughest player but given time its a low risk contract for the Ducks. He took a reduction in salary maybe due to the cap or economy - His stats aren't great but needs to really get physical for his size and his shot and speed are not great. Not sure why they would pick him over Wideman as a RHD but it has to be his size -and GMBM infatuation with this type of player.

Last edited:

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I think Djoos might be gambling on himself here. In Anaheim, he knows he'll be starting rather than be shuffling around. Should Djoos put up a competent year, then his stock will rise. It's good all around.

If he does show up, I can guarantee Murray would preemptively extend him to a long contract like he typically does.

I do like him at this point much more than Guhle/Larsson right now. He could be a good top 4 if he was stronger, faster, and with a bigger shot. Still, he has strengths in puck handling, vision, and patience... his stint with us shows he makes the right play most of the time and he doesn't scare me as much as Guhle who moves faster than he can think or carry the puck (like a basketball player with poor handles).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->