Player Discussion Cutter Gauthier

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Cutter is training with Kesler, so perhaps that might have played a role in the Bieksa thing. Albeit not sure ofc
Woo where did you read that? BTW I see him as a kesler type player.. Elite 2 way shutdown player

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Woo where did you read that? BTW I see him as a kesler type player.. Elite 2 way shutdown player
Oh, I slightly misinterpreted that, but:

Gauthier also spoke to former Duck Ryan Kesler, who was Gauthier’s assistant coach when Gauthier was playing for the U.S. National Under-18 Team. Kesler and Gauthier have spent the last two summers together in Michigan––where both of them live. Kesler was also represented by Overhardt during his playing career, another common bond.

He does have a bit of a Kesbae vibe :)

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
If i remember right, Bieksa did say something like he would have considered waiving it during the expansion but Murray never even asked. Murray really screwed up that expansion draft.
This is not true. Murray did ask and Bieksa said he would waive if he were given a contract extension as compensation for doing so.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
This is not true. Murray did ask and Bieksa said he would waive if he were given a contract extension as compensation for doing so.

Oh weird... maybe it was a different player or situation Im remembering. Or I just had it wrong.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Oh weird... maybe it was a different player or situation Im remembering. Or I just had it wrong.
It was never really made public until Bieksa briefly mentioned it on a podcast a few years ago. Until then, everyone just assumed that Murray didn't bother asking.

Reactions: Kalv

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
It was never really made public until Bieksa briefly mentioned it on a podcast a few years ago. Until then, everyone just assumed that Murray didn't bother asking.

Unless I'm mistaken, Murray had the option to waive/buyout Bieksa (or at least threaten to do so). This is all on Murray because he gave the NMC and then made a bad decision as how to deal with it.

And for the record, contrary to an earlier post, I think Bieksa was really good for his first few years with the team. But there's no doubt Murray bungled asset management.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Unless I'm mistaken, Murray had the option to waive/buyout Bieksa (or at least threaten to do so). This is all on Murray because he gave the NMC and then made a bad decision as how to deal with it.

And for the record, contrary to an earlier post, I think Bieksa was really good for his first few years with the team. But there's no doubt Murray bungled asset management.

iirc, when Murray gave Bieksa that NMC, there wasn't the thought of an expansion team nor expansion draft at the time.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Giving an NMC to a guy that couldn’t skate anymore wasn’t wise, regardless of expansion.
Skating wasn’t his problem, it was his brain and ego. He was always in top shape.

I always wonder what would’ve happened if the Bieksa trade to San Jose didn’t get shot down. They made the same offer that we did, but it got nixed for whatever reason, so we swooped in.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Philly fans are hilarious. They talk about how tough they are and their city is but holy shit are they a bunch of cry baby bitches with an inferiority complex.
Napoleon complex. They are a franchise with a bad owner that is about to go through another rebuild and hasn't won a cup in 50 years.

They need to realise that their franchise sucks.

Reactions: Kalv

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
Napoleon complex. They are a franchise with a bad owner that is about to go through another rebuild and hasn't won a cup in 50 years.

They need to realise that their franchise sucks.
All of their franchises suck. The Eagles hadn’t won a thing since that Super Bowl a few years back. The Sixers haven’t done a thing since Dr. J. The Phillies are a 141 year old franchise and have won 2 World Series titles.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Flyers fans doing a shift by shift watch on Gauthier today is very amusing.

Never seen a fanbase so upset to get a premium asset back for their premium asset who wanted out.

Dude was electric. Best line tonight and they scored. It was his first game, nothing is going to be perfect but it makes me feel a lot better about his transition to the NHL. Especially facing a big team like Vegas who gives you no space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad