Confirmed with Link: Ducks sign Brian Gibbons (1y/1m)

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
He had a good stretch with the Pens a few years back and produced pretty well for the Devils last season. A left hand shot with 30 point potential in the bottom 6. For a million bucks this is a very savvy signing IMO. He's not the biggest player out there though so we'll see if he can hold up against some of the heavier teams out west.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Apparently we signed Rowney as well and I don`t like that. Pens fans were pissed about him last year

WOuld hav e wanted to keep Grant :/

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
bottom-of-barrell.png

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Same things were said about Grant this time last year, and now everyone wants to keep him.
It's fine. Murray usually throws a few things against the wall and we get at least one decent gem out of it. I couldn't resist. Gibbons is a little small for my liking as 4th liners go, but we'll see.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
GIbbons is a decent 4th line signing who can move up to the third line if needed.

Rowney is barely an NHLer.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Apparently we signed Rowney as well and I don`t like that. Pens fans were pissed about him last year

WOuld hav e wanted to keep Grant :/

I'm hoping they see Rowney as a replacement for Corey Tropp in San Diego. Gritty player who can produce at the AHL level where he's also been an assistant captain. So he's similar to Tropp in many ways.

It'd be dissappointing if he's thought of as Grant's replacement. I'd be ok with Rowney as a 14th forward, but not as an everday player. Especially not at center.

Edit: At that contract he very much looks like Grant's replacement. *sigh*

Last edited:

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Gibbons was on the Devils, perhaps this is Henrique's insight on who they should acquire, just like how Bieksa suddenly showed up after Kesler came.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Don't blame Kesler for bring Bieksa here. That's Bob signing a guy he liked 5 years earlier in his prime and justifying it with the veteran leadership and toughness bullshit quote he applies to all his crappy signings.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Gibbons was on the Devils, perhaps this is Henrique's insight on who they should acquire, just like how Bieksa suddenly showed up after Kesler came.

So the players are doing BM and the scouts jobs for them? BM is a joke but he isn't that dumb.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
So the players are doing BM and the scouts jobs for them? BM is a joke but he isn't that dumb.

I dunno, if he and Gibbons are great friends that might go a little way towards helping to extend Henrique. Of course its only a one year deal so there's not much to that angle in this case even if they were bros.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I dunno, if he and Gibbons are great friends that might go a little way towards helping to extend Henrique. Of course its only a one year deal so there's not much to that angle in this case even if they were bros.
Apparently they were on the same line in NJ. Murray could have asked Henrique what he thinks of Gibbons as his bargain bin buy of the day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad