Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
So Bouchard gets to coach Perreault after all. Nice.
Jacobs dad Yannick Perreault was a French Canadian face-off wizard in the NHL.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Agreed. I dont think getting a taste of pro hockey to show him where he needs to improve is the worst thing but I would rather see him dominate the OHL at this stage
He has a lot to learn... on both sides of the rink.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Agree with Perreault going back to Juniors

And I’m perfectly fine with Drysdsle being in the NHL at this point. He’s a different level prospect

Reactions: Trojans86

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I'd prefer Perreault to be in the AHL. There's a big carrot for Perreault playing in the AHL whereas going back to his OHL team where he didn't put in a lot of 200 ft effort, which caused him stock to fall all the way to 27th overall to the Ducks. Being in a professional atmosphere will keep him professional. There's that, but also with his AHL season, I think he's proven that he's better than the OHL league just like Drysdale.

With Perreault in the AHL next year, it gives him a fast track to the NHL as he gets a second season in the AHL. We can see if he improves his game in year 2 at the AHL level.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
This may have been posted already but I didn't recall seeing it. I think this kid just might be our future captain.

Zegras really should.
Even if they acquire Eichel, do not want Eichel as captain....something I just don't like about Eichel being captain.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
This may have been posted already but I didn't recall seeing it. I think this kid just might be our future captain.

''The seagulls are hot baby, the seagulls are hot'' :laugh:

Hey guys and gals, do you think Dostal gets a full time backup role this season?

No, we have Stolarz for that. I think Stolarz can improve his AHL performance quite a bit, so he has still things to do down there. But pretty sure there will be some callups. Depends on the injuries tho.

Still love how he calls Drysdale "Jim" lol.

I was thinking the same :laugh: But I think he just misspelled ''Jame'' but who knows.

But yes, Zegras is genuinely having fun out there and it's contagious. I hope he has been meeting up with Teemu, those 2 guys would have an epic time together :laugh:

Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Hey guys and gals, do you think Dostal gets a full time backup role this season?

As others have said, I think Stolarz is pencilled into that backup role for now. He's earned a shot with his play the past couple seasons and he's on a one way deal at 950k for the next two years.

Dostal is likely ready for some NHL time, but I'd expect him to fill the #3 role as the AHL starter and first call up. At some point in the near future, he might prove to be just too good to keep him from the show, but I don't think we are quite there yet.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
As others have said, I think Stolarz is pencilled into that backup role for now. He's earned a shot with his play the past couple seasons and he's on a one way deal at 950k for the next two years.

Dostal is likely ready for some NHL time, but I'd expect him to fill the #3 role as the AHL starter and first call up. At some point in the near future, he might prove to be just too good to keep him from the show, but I don't think we are quite there yet.
I think we might even sign another veteran goalie. Dostal will have his #1 spot in San Diego anyways, but we have shown before that we are not afraid to load up on some veterans to help the youngsters out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad