Ducks officially eliminated from playoff contention, ending streak of 6 straight postseasons

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Pretty astounding they hung on this long. If you would have told me in mid-January that it would have taken until Game 78 for the curtain to officially fall, I would have laughed you out of the room. Hell of an effort, they’ve certainly brought back my optimism for next season and beyond

TheGoodShepard1

Nov 26, 2017
They didn’t really hang on. There was no chance they would ever jump 7 teams.

True, but considering that I thought they were going to get eliminated around Game 65-70, they did stick around a lot longer than I expected. Of course the flip side of that is they’ve played themselves out of a top 5 pick

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Bob bungled an opportunity at a top 5 pick AND the playoffs. Impressive
Thats reason for him to be fired, screwing them out of a out of a top 5 pick & not firing Carlyle soon enough. All because season ticket holders threatened to not renew if they Ducks were gonna get a top 3 pick with Carlyle at the helm, cause of them they will end up with some guy who doesn't develop into a 1C.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Thats reason for him to be fired, screwing them out of a out of a top 5 pick & not firing Carlyle soon enough. All because season ticket holders threatened to not renew if they Ducks were gonna get a top 3 pick with Carlyle at the helm, cause of them they will end up with some guy who doesn't develop into a 1C.
Has this ever been confirmed or are people just gonna keep spewing this anyways?

TheGoodShepard1

Nov 26, 2017
Has this ever been confirmed or are people just gonna keep spewing this anyways?

I mean, I admitted it was a rumor that was unsubstantiated. But it's kind of random that after backing the coach and shuffling the 4th liners and bottom pairing defenseman on the Titanic and keeping him through three separate 7-game losing streaks, you tell him to f*** off with 8 weeks left in the season without some sort of ultimatum. So I think that the Samuelis ultimately looked at their bottom line and that they were becoming a bit of a joke and told GMBM to do something

Again, it's just speculation. Who knows, I could be totally wrong and Bob fired him of his own volition. Still, the team winning and ending up with the 8th or 9th pick is not a reason for me to want to fire the GM. I could think of many things that I would want him to get fired for before that.

Last edited:

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
I'm actually impressed with the way BM has handled the interim coaching situation. There was a moment last night where they showed him talking to Terry after a shift and they both had a nice smile afterwards. Doesn't make up for steering the ship into the iceberg, but whatever, at least we've got the young guys showing their progress. I'm excited to see what next season looks like with a proper coach.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
It’s such a spoiled, baby back ***** stance as well. The Ducks have been in the playoffs and in contention for years. One down season and people lose their minds. Get ready for next year...
Right, it's all about those fair weather fans, not the owners and management that sat back and quietly watched the team turn toxic. Maybe the team was going to suck this season regardless, who knows, but Murray leaving Randy in there as long as he did was essentially keeping his boot on their necks to make sure that they tanked. And at the expense of the players and the fans. This wasn't just a down season, it was neglect and wasted potential. Calling people spoiled for questioning their investment in season seats when the front office doesn't appear to give a **** is pretty lame.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
It’s such a spoiled, baby back ***** stance as well. The Ducks have been in the playoffs and in contention for years. One down season and people lose their minds. Get ready for next year...
No, one season of listless, boring hockey, followed by a playoff series where the coach clearly had no answers and the team clearly wasn’t listening, followed by a season ticket holder event where accountability FROM THE COACH was promised by BM, followed by a season where the team had quit on the coach and the only person held accountable was the only player who actually tried every game of his career while the only message coming out of BM was “it isn’t the coach”.

People, including me, will pay to watch a bad team who is trying and/or entertaining. People, including me, will not waste their money to pad the bank account of the GM’s best friend. Accountability matters.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
How long are people going to hold onto this “Carlyle should’ve been fired sooner” thing for? He’s gone. It’s time to move on. And I for one would rather see our players succeeding and enjoying the game again, ready to push for the playoffs again next season, than a team that has no chemistry, zero drive, and looks like they’ve lost their love for the game. I’m not going to complain about the team’s morale being back on the rise to finish out the season just because we might pick 3-4 spots later than we were before. That has got to be the most HFBoards stance I’ve ever seen.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
How long are people going to hold onto this “Carlyle should’ve been fired sooner” thing for? He’s gone. It’s time to move on. And I for one would rather see our players succeeding and enjoying the game again, ready to push for the playoffs again next season, than a team that has no chemistry, zero drive, and looks like they’ve lost their love for the game. I’m not going to complain about the team’s morale being back on the rise to finish out the season just because we might pick 3-4 spots later than we were before. That has got to be the most HFBoards stance I’ve ever seen.
Especially for only a 2-3% boost in lottery chances.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
No, one season of listless, boring hockey, followed by a playoff series where the coach clearly had no answers and the team clearly wasn’t listening, followed by a season ticket holder event where accountability FROM THE COACH was promised by BM, followed by a season where the team had quit on the coach and the only person held accountable was the only player who actually tried every game of his career while the only message coming out of BM was “it isn’t the coach”.

People, including me, will pay to watch a bad team who is trying and/or entertaining. People, including me, will not waste their money to pad the bank account of the GM’s best friend. Accountability matters.

Yea I went to 2-3 games this season and told my gf after the last one that I was done going to games for the season. It was just garbage hockey.

Ticket price, food, drinks and commute it just wasn’t worth my time or money to watch awful boring hockey. That was just a few games I couldn’t imagine doing that 41 times.

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Honestly that was why I wanted RC gone, I just wanted them to enjoying playing again and look like it in doing so. I don't even care if we don't have a Top 5 pick. It'd be nice sure, but as long as the established guys bounce back next year, I feel like we're a playoff team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad