Value of: Ducks - Offers for Henrique and Fowler here please.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
With news breaking today off TSN that Silfverberg is planning on re signing in Anaheim. Ducks will need to move some pieces to make room for his new contract.

Henrique and Fowler are likely the ones who are the odd men out.

What can we get for these two players at the deadline?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Henrique with his extension is going to be a tough sell. The teams that are desperate like Edmonton have no cap space.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Henrique with his extension is going to be a tough sell. The teams that are desperate like Edmonton have no cap space.

Henrique isn’t bad. I understand cap space issues for teams. But it’s pretty average compared to a lot of 2cs who are comparable to Henrique.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
He’s played his best hockey as a winger. He’s trending downwards in production. It’s quite a risk with a pending 5 yr deal at almost $6 million per.

You also gotta put into perspective the entire team is downward in production. From Getzlaf all the way down to Silfverberg. Being one of the worst teams in the NHL stats are gonna look like that.

And GMs around the league will understand the situation Henrique and anyone else on the roster is in.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Henrique isn’t bad. I understand cap space issues for teams. But it’s pretty average compared to a lot of 2cs who are comparable to Henrique.
Seems like hes a 3C currently on a contender to be honest. That's an issue.

Edit: wait, did I see 5 years @ 6 million? GTFO! How does Murray still have a job?

Reactions: maxbme

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
You also gotta put into perspective the entire team is downward in production. From Getzlaf all the way down to Silfverberg. Being one of the worst teams in the NHL stats are gonna look like that.

And GMs around the league will understand the situation Henrique and anyone else on the roster is in.

Edmonton has been in this position for years and had to sell low on players like Dubynk, Schultz, Petry, etc.

Down seasons hurt value. Any team trading with Anaheim does so from a position of strength. Also you have to take into consideration the contract.

I like Henrique. He’s obviously still a good player. I just don’t see any club paying a premium for him. I’m not saying he has negative value or anything. Just buying a player in a down production season before a long term extension kicks in isn’t a smart way to do business unless the risk is mitigated as in buying low on him and hoping he rebounds in a change of scenery

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Habs could offer something like

Suzuki
Rielly / Fleury / Kulak
2nd round pick (MTL or CBS this season)

for Fowler

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
How would Detroit feel about AA plus swapping 1st round picks (assuming the picks don't get too far apart)? This would be in the offseason assuming Ducks scouts like someone a lot that wouldn't be on the board when Ducks pick. At the moment, they are 3 picks apart. Obviously we would need to see how lottery plays out

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I feel like Buffalo would be a good fit for Henrique if Okposo gets LTIR’d. Would take some pressure off Mittelstadt and give them more secondary scoring.

Reactions: Sabrefan99

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I feel like Buffalo would be a good fit for Henrique if Okposo gets LTIR’d. Would take some pressure off Mittelstadt and give them more secondary scoring.

I've said before that Henrique would be a decent pickup for the Sabres. My fellow Sabres fans feel like Staal would be a better target, which I can see. My issue is that Staal probably would bolt Buffalo asap, seeing he signed in Minny to be closer to his family. Henrique would be a find 2C, and would slot down when Mittelstadt is ready to be a 2C. Although ideally a serviceable younger 2C that can slot down later would be preferable.

schickster

Jan 21, 2014
I've said before that Henrique would be a decent pickup for the Sabres. My fellow Sabres fans feel like Staal would be a better target, which I can see. My issue is that Staal probably would bolt Buffalo asap, seeing he signed in Minny to be closer to his family. Henrique would be a find 2C, and would slot down when Mittelstadt is ready to be a 2C. Although ideally a serviceable younger 2C that can slot down later would be preferable.

Risto
SJ 1st
Sheary
for
Henrique
Fowler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->