Ducks offer Babcock a 1 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

SedinFan*

It'll be a clash of the titans. One a defensive minded coach, while Burkey loves the run and gun style.

My guess is it'll oddly work very well, or he'll get canned before the end of the season.

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
After actually reading it, Babcock might not even accept the offer. Rather he may choose to pursue a longer or more lucrative deal. That right there might create some animosity between the two. Only time will tell I suppose.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
invader Zim said:
Hmm I remember when Ted Nolan, was offerd a one year deal.

this has that situation written all over it

Jarqui

Jul 8, 2003
Visit site
Are there any other NHL openings for Babcock ? What quality coaches are out there to replce him ?

I agree that the one year offer is a kiss off. What would be funny is if he accepted, had a good year and said "see-ya".

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
cleduc said:
Are there any other NHL openings for Babcock ? What quality coaches are out there to replce him ?

I agree that the one year offer is a kiss off. What would be funny is if he accepted, had a good year and said "see-ya".

yeah, PHO.

I think Babcock is actually looking at, if i take the one year deal, what other coaches have a contract expiring at the end of this coming season and who are candidates to be fired in other places? What opportunities are ahead for him.

Babcock still has the SC finalist angle to work, but only getting into the playoffs in one season looks more like a fluke than a pattern of winning regardless of the teams transition.

Look at Quenville, he was a hot property after after STL firing b/c he was an asst of a SC winner, but also b/c he constantly made the playoffs. On the flip side, look at Paul Maurice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->