Ducks lose franchise record 12th straight game - (Streak ends at 12)

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
ESPN: "John Gibson is a good goaltender who should be the frontrunner for the Vezina as well as the Hart!!1!"

>Gives up 7 goals as his team loses their 10th straight

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I wonder what Carlyle would do with the Kings if he was their coach, Toffoli getting 19 minutes a game & Phaneuf on the 2nd pair cause he likes toughness.

In the 32 games under WD, Toffoli is at 17:29 per game, so close enough. Phaneuf doesn't play a ton, but he is out there every game when healthy. Forbort does play a lot though.

LA, Ana, Ari; 31st, 30th, 29th in GF. My theory is Vegas is Daniel Plainview.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
ESPN: "John Gibson is a good goaltender who should be the frontrunner for the Vezina as well as the Hart!!1!"

Clearly you didn't watch the game. Gibson was not bad at all and allowed six, not seven goals. He was hung out to dry in a ridiculous fashion, somehow stopped the Crosby line from scoring more than one goal (on which he was screened) despite the ice being tilted to an absurd degree when they are on the ice. Only the fourth goal could be described as a soft one. Stats don't tell the whole story, Murray played worse but won and had better stats.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
In the 32 games under WD, Toffoli is at 17:29 per game, so close enough. Phaneuf doesn't play a ton, but he is out there every game when healthy. Forbort does play a lot though.

LA, Ana, Ari; 31st, 30th, 29th in GF. My theory is Vegas is Daniel Plainview.

giphy.gif
The year both the Rams & Chargers are in the playoffs we both get no NHL playoffs.
Whats funny is i can see a complete opposite next season, both of our teams back on top. Team morale really makes players play worse & coming back late from injuries seems to effect them badly this year.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Breaking a previous worst franchise record with 9 games the Ducks now have lost 10 in a row.

Thoughts?

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK

Ducks went into the 1st intermission 3-0 up but it could have easily been 3-2 if Gibson hadn't held the fort for them. Only so much a guy can do.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Make it 10!

Was watching the game last night, and that 1st period, they looked great, sure had some issues in their own zone but Gibson came through. Then in the 2nd period, right after that goal after the PP expired it went to crap. I see a team that needs to fix things, not blow them up. Maybe I’m wrong with the blowing up. But firing your coach will definitely be one of those fixes, and maybe not get rid of Kesler, but just reduce his ice time to a more 3rd/4th line role to maybe around 12-13 mins a game.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Ducks went into the 1st intermission 3-0 up but it could have easily been 3-2 if Gibson hadn't held the fort for them. Only so much a guy can do.

that was more of a knock on ESPN, the Ducks are just a mess right now. Rehiring Carlyle was the dumbest thing they've done this decade.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Carlyle has to go. I haven’t seen a team crumble like the Ducks last night.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
As much as I dislike the Ducks as an Oiler fan I wouldn't wish this evil on my worst enemy. Unless you guys plan on tanking for a few years then he's perfect.
He's doing really good down in the AHL at the moment. He was also a great coach with the Marlies. While I don't doubt that he made mistakes in Edmonton, maybe the problem was the same as it was for the other coaches that were fired in all of these years?

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
They're almost becoming as bad as the Rangers.

But seriously, Gibson could potentially be wasting peak years there. He has the potential to take home a Vezina on even an average team.

Reactions: TheRealPepman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad