Ducks lose franchise record 12th straight game - (Streak ends at 12)

SurferBroChad

Dec 17, 2018
Victoria BC
Love getting Pettersson from them. Last 5 games Pettersson has points in each.

5 games 6 points and +10. He doesn’t play like a rookie. Loved his game in his first 14 games with the Pens but he just has taken it to another level lately.
theres only one pettersson

please use the "other" petterssons first name, as google wont even help me find it

Reactions: Beville

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
As much as Carlyle blows fat maggoty chunks this was a long time coming Duck fans. Before the Golden Knights won the Pacific division last year it was the Anaheim Ducks 5 years in a row.

Embrace the slow long glide to the gutter. Pick top 10 a couple years and get right back to doing what you do. Don't know what's to be done with Kesler and Perry though. Get rid of that garbage anyway you can.
Were lucky we don't have to, 1 year of tanking will be enough. Ritchie & Kase are under 23, Rakell turns 26 in may, Lindholm & Montour are under 26. Gibson is 25.
We got alot of guys coming up thru the system in Comtois, Terry, Steel, Mahura, Jones & in a few years Lundestrom. We don't have a elite forward coming up, but have quite a few top 6 forwards coming up.

We draft very well outside the top 15 & out of the 1st round: Comtois was a 2nd round pick, Terry a 5th rounder, Rakell was a late 1st pick, Gibson a 2nd rounder, Steel a late 1st in 2016. Manson a 6th rounder, Kase a 7th rounder, Montour a 2nd rounder, Mahura a 3rd rounder. Only Lindholm, Fowler & Ritchie are lottery picks & all of them worked out so far.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Reason's Carlyle's the worst coach in the NHL:
#1. He wouldn't be a NHL coach if Bob Murray didn't hire him, he appeared to be finished as a coach at the time of the hire.

#2.Carlyle believes winning Faceoffs = good puck possession. You'll notice Ducks win faceoffs quite alot but immediately turn the puck over after winning it.

#3. Carlyle believes the worst 3rd line center in the world Ryan Kesler should be on the 1st Power Play unit & be used late in the 3rd period when trying to tie the game up.
Meanwhile 4th line Center Rowney is playing better than Kesler in nearly every area.

#4. Carlyle believes that when the opposing team has a 2 vs 1 that our Dmen should just stand there & watch instead of cutting off the pass & letting Gibson make the save.

#5. Carlyle believes Cogliano is still a 3rd line winger with offensive skills.

#6. Carlyle believe Kesler should lead the team's forwards in Ice Time. WTF.

#7. Carlyle believes the dump & chase is better than carrying the puck in no matter what.

#8. If it were up to Carlyle we would acquire players to form a Goon line & Enforcer line.
Enough said.

Anyone got anymore to add to this ?

Reactions: Bleedred

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
This is unlike them. The last few years they started slow and winless but they always ended up being steady and on top with other teams.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Kesler has 6 points in 42 games....

They have also had tons of injuries to important players for a number of years now which obviously hurts them a lot.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I know they were already down by 2 goals, but they seemed to lack any sense of urgency whenever they had control of the puck with about 3 minutes to go and they had a chance to pull Gibson.

I've seen the Pens trying to hold a lead when the opposition is about to pull their goalie, and usually it keeps me tense and worried because of how intense the other team is. I didn't get that sense tonight because Anaheim didn't really look like they cared.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Sad thing is, this IS the team we’ve played like all year.
Ridiculous goaltending has kept us from being a bottom 2/3 team.

If we can move some salary, and a Kesler LTIR ,
We can maybe get some momentum for the future.
We have a pretty good young group, and I’m not worried too much about Getz,
But we seriously need to be rid of Cogs, probably Silfv, and personally I’d like to see Fowler moved, he’s a guy that would be great if a team needs a great 2nd pair mobile d

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
We would have tears if we didn't have the cups. You wouldn't know that feeling though, would you?

QONVIyz.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
John Gibson is a victim of Randy's incompetence and Murray's refusal to do what's necessary. Kid should be cruzing to his first vezina and won't bc of them
How the hell didn’t Gibson get even one measly Vezina vote last year, yet Luongo (I’m sure Tallon gave him his lone vote) and his 35 games got one and Rask got 7 while not being as good/as vital to his team as Gibson? Not even Bob Murray could give him a vote? That’s a crime. It’s also an insult when we see guys like Andrew Hammond getting a homer vote for 30-something games, which is painfully obvious that it came from their own GM and Murray didn’t even give one to Gibson.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
I'm not even sure if the DucKings combined could make the playoffs this year.

Maybe it's tainted tapwater. Where are Riggs and Murtagh aka Mac and Dennis when you need them?

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Carlyle gets fired and then gets hired back to Ducks at the start of next season. Give them man some vacation days already.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I'm not even sure if the DucKings combined could make the playoffs this year.

Maybe it's tainted tapwater. Where are Riggs and Murtagh aka Mac and Dennis when you need them?
Offensive lines:
Kase/Getzlaf/Rakell
Ritchie/Kopitar/Kovalchuk
Lafallo/Brown/Aberg
Carter/Henrique/Silf - Toffolli scratched his 0.36 PPG is just horrid.

Lindholm/Doughty top pair playing 25 minutes a game.
Fowler/Montour
Muzzin/Martinez/Manson

Goalie depth chart
Gibson
Campbell
Petersen
Miller
Quick
Johnson
Budaj

Reactions: Legionnaire

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Reason's Carlyle's the worst coach in the NHL:
#1. He wouldn't be a NHL coach if Bob Murray didn't hire him, he appeared to be finished as a coach at the time of the hire.

#2.Carlyle believes winning Faceoffs = good puck possession. You'll notice Ducks win faceoffs quite alot but immediately turn the puck over after winning it.

#3. Carlyle believes the worst 3rd line center in the world Ryan Kesler should be on the 1st Power Play unit & be used late in the 3rd period when trying to tie the game up.
Meanwhile 4th line Center Rowney is playing better than Kesler in nearly every area.

#4. Carlyle believes that when the opposing team has a 2 vs 1 that our Dmen should just stand there & watch instead of cutting off the pass & letting Gibson make the save.

#5. Carlyle believes Cogliano is still a 3rd line winger with offensive skills.

#6. Carlyle believe Kesler should lead the team's forwards in Ice Time. WTF.

#7. Carlyle believes the dump & chase is better than carrying the puck in no matter what.

#8. If it were up to Carlyle we would acquire players to form a Goon line & Enforcer line.
Enough said.

Anyone got anymore to add to this ?

He doesn't have a mustache though.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad