Ducks lose franchise record 12th straight game - (Streak ends at 12)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How many years did they sign Carlyle for in 2016? I remember reading someone on here say they only gave him a one or two year deal in 2016, because of his age at the time.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I've been predicting Carlyle's firing that never happens, more times than Harold Camping predicted the rapture, which never happened.

Me predicting Carlyle's firing

View attachment 174661
Randy Carlyle's gonna be fired on October 15th of 2018. Just you watch and see! It says so right here in the holy bible!

View attachment 174665
Randy Carlyle will be fired on precisely the date of November the 11th of the year 2018 AD at 9:32 AM Pacific time.

View attachment 174669

Randy Carlyle will be fired on January the 10th of 2019. What happened when I said November 10th of 2018 was that I incorrectly miscalculated a digit on that one. Instead of 11-10, it should have been 1-10. You could see how easy of a numerical mistake that can be? Get ready. Bob Murray is finally gonna wake up from coma at 10:37 Pacific time that morning. There's gonna be a big earthquake at 10:56 AM Pacific time in Carlyle's office. It's gonna make every earthquake California has ever seen combined look like a Sunday school picnic. When you feel that happening, that's Carlyle being fired.

View attachment 174667

Okay, now I've finally figured it out! I realize the physical Randy Rapture will take place on the morning of January the 12th of 2019. We've always said that January 10th was the day, but we didn't understand altogether the spiritual meaning. January 10th was the day that Christ came and put Randy Carlyle under judgement. You see, All of my predictions have been fulfilled. On October 15th of 2018, judgement came upon the churches. On November 10th of 2018, judgement continued upon the churches and on January the 10th of 2019, judgement came upon the entire world and the entire Ducks organization. January 12th of 2019 is when Bob Murray will emerge from his coma and finally relieve Randy of his duties and we will then have the Randy rapture. That's when Randy will officially be eliminated from the Ducks head coaching position, but believe me, this has been taking place for months now!

Oh my goodness I still remember this guy lol...

Reactions: Bleedred

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Love getting Pettersson from them. Last 5 games Pettersson has points in each.

5 games 6 points and +10. He doesn’t play like a rookie. Loved his game in his first 14 games with the Pens but he just has taken it to another level lately.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
As much as Carlyle blows fat maggoty chunks this was a long time coming Duck fans. Before the Golden Knights won the Pacific division last year it was the Anaheim Ducks 5 years in a row.

Embrace the slow long glide to the gutter. Pick top 10 a couple years and get right back to doing what you do. Don't know what's to be done with Kesler and Perry though. Get rid of that garbage anyway you can.

Last edited:

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Carlyle has to get sacked now. The losses against the Oilers, Sens, and Penguins were all pathetic in different ways

Reactions: bukwas

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
this is his last year
Thanks. So I think he's at least gone after this year, if not tomorrow or before the end of the year. If he hasn't been extended yet and he's already a lame duck and with recent results, I can't see him coming back.
Team option to extend... Ugh.....
I can't see them extending him after all this. Even if they keep him for the remainder of the season. When it comes to an option year, I don't think they're obligated to pay him a penny if they don't bring him back after this year. And with this year's results, especially of recent, I don't see them using them exercising that option year.

At the very least, they might respectfully let him step down and retire at season's end. I can't see him getting an NHL job again after this, at least not as a head coach. And not to mention that he's already in his 60's and with the way his Leafs tenure went and his latest Ducks tenured, he wouldn't be a hot commodity like Hitchcock still has been, who was making the playoffs every year in St. Louis before he was fired. I honestly thought his NHL head coaching career would have already been over for 4 years, if the Ducks hadn't hired him back in 2016.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I've been predicting Carlyle's firing that never happens, more times than Harold Camping predicted the rapture, which never happened.

Me predicting Carlyle's firing

View attachment 174661
Randy Carlyle's gonna be fired on October 15th of 2018. Just you watch and see! It says so right here in the holy bible!

View attachment 174665
Randy Carlyle will be fired on precisely the date of November the 11th of the year 2018 AD at 9:32 AM Pacific time.

View attachment 174669

Randy Carlyle will be fired on January the 10th of 2019. What happened when I said November 10th of 2018 was that I incorrectly miscalculated a digit on that one. Instead of 11-10, it should have been 1-10. You could see how easy of a numerical mistake that can be? Get ready. Bob Murray is finally gonna wake up from coma at 10:37 Pacific time that morning. There's gonna be a big earthquake at 10:56 AM Pacific time in Carlyle's office. It's gonna make every earthquake California has ever seen combined look like a Sunday school picnic. When you feel that happening, that's Carlyle being fired.

View attachment 174667

Okay, now I've finally figured it out! I realize the physical Randy Rapture will take place on the morning of January the 12th of 2019. We've always said that January 10th was the day, but we didn't understand altogether the spiritual meaning. January 10th was the day that Christ came and put Randy Carlyle under judgement. You see, All of my predictions have been fulfilled. On October 15th of 2018, judgement came upon the churches. On November 10th of 2018, judgement continued upon the churches and on January the 10th of 2019, judgement came upon the entire world and the entire Ducks organization. January 12th of 2019 is when Bob Murray will emerge from his coma and finally relieve Randy of his duties and we will then have the Randy rapture. That's when Randy will officially be eliminated from the Ducks head coaching position, but believe me, this has been taking place for months now!

This is a masterpiece. Mods preserve this for future generations so that they may copypasta it forever. For the memes will never foresake us.

Yea and amen

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Can’t see Carlyle surviving that one. That was a cry for help
I feel like this game has happened to the Ducks too many times this year, only with a different result. Either a close and respectable loss (and with no 3 goal blown lead), due to Gibson's goaltending or even some wins due to Gibson.

I thought Gibson let in a couple of goals he usually has in tonight's game and on the rare occasion that Gibson does not stand on his head, this is what happens. Maybe he's finally on Carlyle, although this was his worst game in a while. He's looked pretty good in most of the games on this losing streak, even the 4 goal against game to Edmonton. He may have let in one poor goal to Arizona in that 5 goal goal against game a couple weeks back.

Gibson has preserved Carlyle's job for quite some time. There's no doubt in my mind that Anaheim plays the worst team defense and structure in the league outside of maybe Ottawa. No John Gibson and I really think there's a lot of talk about how much of a dumpster fire Anaheim is under Carlyle.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is a masterpiece. Mods preserve this for future generations so that they may copypasta it forever. For the memes will never foresake us.

Yea and amen
Thanks!:thumbu:

I almost created a new thread just to post this, as I felt it would be a waste in the GDT, but I wanted to wait and see if someone else would make a Carlyle thread or another Ducks thread or if one would get bumped and luckily this one was!:laugh:

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
As much as Carlyle blows fat maggoty chunks this was a long time coming Duck fans. Before the Golden Knights won the Pacific division last year it was the Anaheim Ducks 5 years in a row.

Embrace the slow long glide to the gutter. Pick top 10 a couple years and get right back to doing what you do. Don't know what's to be done with Kesler and Perry though. Get rid of that garbage anyway you can.
I don’t know why you’re bringing up Perry to be honest. He hasn’t even played this season and the seasons before he’s been fine. Still getting points, not the same guy he was before but not as bad as Kesler.

I feel like perry gets unfairly lumped in with Kesler in terms of worst contracts on the team that we need to dump/buy out.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Oh my goodness I still remember this guy lol...
I had too much fun with his material back when this was all going on in 2011. I even feel just a little bit bad for all the poor souls that got duped into selling off everything and depleting everything they had for his cause.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Thanks!:thumbu:

I almost created a new thread just to post this, as I felt it would be a waste in the GDT, but I wanted to wait and see if someone else would make a Carlyle thread or another Ducks thread or if one would get bumped and luckily this one was!:laugh:

You have my endorsement. It works on every level

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't see Anaheim as a contender right now, but I absolutely did when Carlyle was hired and I think that's when the mistake was made. Never understood this hire in the first place.

Thought I woke up in 2005 when I saw they had hired him again in 2016.

I acknowledged that Carlyle wasn't bad enough to keep them from making the playoffs, as they were too talented not to be in and would make them in spite of him. Carlyle and other bad coaches have even won the cup before, so I didn't think it meant they'd finish outside of the playoffs when he was first hired. They even made the conference finals and I absolutely believe they could have gotten past Nashville and into the SCF with someone better than him. Since they lost Gibson to injury that series, they may not have been able to overcome that in the SCF with a better coach and Jonathan Bernier choking out in the SCF, but I think they get there without Carlyle.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
RC and BM both need to go. Two morons in a pod.
You could argue that Bob Murray hasn't been bad in Anaheim, but you can also argue they've underachieved a bit during his tenure and the re-hiring of Carlyle was a complete waste.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
It's really frustrating because we had a coach prior (Bruce) that found ways to get the most out of his players. He changed things up when they weren't working and won the division with teams not as good on paper as this one. Granted he struggled in the playoffs, but he had them playing well enough to get there, and players knew what they were doing. ESPECIALLY OUR DEFENSEMEN!!!

The team now stands around on defense. No one covers their man, they all puck watch and don't move their feet.

Randy is terrible. Murray is terrible. Both must go. Randy for being a bad coach and Murray for keeping him on so long. No excuses.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad