Ducks lose franchise record 12th straight game - (Streak ends at 12)

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I only liked Anaheim with Teemu Selanne anyway.

All jokes aside, I expect this team to blow up and start rebuilding by the end of next season. Getzlaf and Perry retire Ducks, Gibson the only untouchable, maybe even Fowler too, either way Fowler getting traded or staying wouldn't surprise me.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The crazy thing is that they are only 3 points out of the FIRST wildcard, not just the 2nd.

The west has 5 really good teams and a pile of mediocre to bad after that. I don't remember the last time the west has been this weak. In most years, teams like Anaheim and Edmonton would be well out of the playoff race already and looking to sell at the deadline.

Unfortunately for Oiler fans, this horrendous run by Anaheim and others have put them in a position to be a buyer and create more long term damage. Thanks for nothing Ducks.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I only liked Anaheim with Teemu Selanne anyway.

All jokes aside, I expect this team to blow up and start rebuilding by the end of next season. Getzlaf and Perry retire Ducks, Gibson the only untouchable, maybe even Fowler too, either way Fowler getting traded or staying wouldn't surprise me.
Id say our untouchables are
Forwards: Rakell/Kase
Defense: Lindholm/Manson
G: Gibson

Rest could be had for the right price... but rakell/Lindholm/kase/manson are too good and have great contracts for their ages. Id trade fowler before id trade Lindholm/manson or Montour. We don't really have to blow it up... just need to cut fat and add some young talent and a new coach. Our system is pretty loaded with solid players. All we really need is a top line center of the future.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The crazy thing is that they are only 3 points out of the FIRST wildcard, not just the 2nd.

The west has 5 really good teams and a pile of mediocre to bad after that. I don't remember the last time the west has been this weak. In most years, teams like Anaheim and Edmonton would be well out of the playoff race already and looking to sell at the deadline.

Unfortunately for Oiler fans, this horrendous run by Anaheim and others have put them in a position to be a buyer and create more long term damage. Thanks for nothing Ducks.
You think it's any better for the Ducks? Murray won't recognize the playoffs aren't an option until after the trade deadline if current events are any indication.

At least you guys have McDavid and Draisaitl to continue to try to build around.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

Hold up...an 89 point pace is good for 6th in the West right now. And a 100 point pace is good for 5th. :help:

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
I don't even know who the Ducks can play right now where you can say " Hey that's a game the Ducks should win"

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Well now with an elite defenseman, a top line center, and a top prospect I don't see how Carlyle will be able to lose another game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->