Pre-Game Talk: Ducks @ Leafs, Quack Quack Quack Mr Farnsworth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
At this point, I don't put weight on anyone's comments except Lupul's, the only one who comes every night to play. Carlyle can't even get this group motivated to play proper hockey. As a coach, saying "We didn't play good. We need to be better." repeatedly after poor performances doesn't speak highly of you.

I don't for a minute believe Carlyle is saying "Hey Boys its ok to take the 1st period off, just show up in the 3rd" or saying " its ok boys we'll let the other team dominate us, just make sure those 15 or so shots we take per game count " no I don't buy it. This boils down to one of three options 1. The coach is sending out the right message but the players aren't comprehending it/failing to execute it 2. The coach is doing a poor job at communicating to the players what he wants them to do/not do 3. The players have given up on Carlyle, no longer respect or are willing to listen to him

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I don't for a minute believe Carlyle is saying "Hey Boys its ok to take the 1st period off, just show up in the 3rd" or saying " its ok boys we'll let the other team dominate us, just make sure those 15 or so shots we take per game count " no I don't buy it. This boils down to one of three options 1. The coach is sending out the right message but the players aren't comprehending it/failing to execute it 2. The coach is doing a poor job at communicating to the players what he wants them to do/not do 3. The players have given up on Carlyle, no longer respect or are willing to listen to him

I think it's #1.
(if it's #3.... hoo boy).

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Well, if they are failing to execute the game plan then it is just as bad.

well - yes. but if it was #1 - you can try to fix it.
if it's #2 - you can try to fix it.

if it's 3. (and maybe it's just my mind) I just instantly think of "where do you go. who do you hire?" etc). I like how in practice he (Randy) is actually showing exactly what needs to happen (by actually pointing out to all areas and visually explaining).

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
jtao09.jpg

Penalty Kill Icing*

I am going to say it is #2. You can't have entire team (except Lupul of course) failing to comprehend what he says.

leafstilldeath*

Roasted Duck

Are we ready for some Duck Roasting tomorrow? I know I am! ;)

Roast_Duck-1.jpg

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I hope Orr sits down for a bit. That 4th line is a liability. Orr leads the NHL in dumbest penalties taken, it seems every game he does something stupid. Teams have skill on the 4th line now, Carlyle needs to upgrade that 4th line. Orr and Mclaren together on that line is dumb in my eyes. One is enough and thats Mclaren, Orr I respect heavily but he needs to play 50 games max this year. Interesting to see what happens when Mclaren is back.

Asif16*

I hope Orr sits down for a bit. That 4th line is a liability. Orr leads the NHL in dumbest penalties taken, it seems every game he does something stupid. Teams have skill on the 4th line now, Carlyle needs to upgrade that 4th line. Orr and Mclaren together on that line is dumb in my eyes. One is enough and thats Mclaren, Orr I respect heavily but he needs to play 50 games max this year. Interesting to see what happens when Mclaren is back.

LAdies and Gentleman...ron wilson is back. HAs it really come down to this ron? HFboards? Really?

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto

solution: have only one of orr/mclaren playing. have them only play 3 minutes a game and double shift random people from the top 9 to take their spot.

Hanta Yo

Bag it up
Jan 28, 2009
Toronto
Would have been nice to have one of McClaren and Orr on the one wing, and Komarov on the other. I do miss him.

Oh, and I expect another lackluster game from the gang.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
If this really is Ron Wilson hockey, then based on memory, the script should go like this:

1. Team is flat and lethargic and low on confidence
2. Coach institutes practice emphasizing team speed and quick breakouts
3. Game starts quickly, exciting but dangerous, lots of chances both ways
4. One of our Norris candidates suffers a stage 2 meltdown "Dear Zeus, can't handle pace, collapse imminent" and resultant mental error or puckhandling gaffe ends up in our net
5. Remainder of team implodes "plan not working, revert, revert"
6. Opponent takes over game.

That's how the RW teams would do it anyway

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
If this really is Ron Wilson hockey, then based on memory, the script should go like this:

1. Team is flat and lethargic and low on confidence
2. Coach institutes practice emphasizing team speed and quick breakouts
3. Game starts quickly, exciting but dangerous, lots of chances both ways
4. One of our Norris candidates suffers a stage 2 meltdown "Dear Zeus, can't handle pace, collapse imminent" and resultant mental error or puckhandling gaffe ends up in our net
5. Remainder of team implodes "plan not working, revert, revert"
6. Opponent takes over game.

That's how the RW teams would do it anyway

1. Check
2. Check (happened this week)
3. Nah, we tend to start off slow and immature
4. Surprisingly this has been one of the few improvements under Carlyle, you don't see those risky passes being made
5. Check
6. That happens within 10 seconds of the game:laugh:

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
if Reimer wins us a game

i wonder if everyone is gunna leave Bernier in the dust
cause u no how people like to hop on wagons

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I am going to say it is #2. You can't have entire team (except Lupul of course) failing to comprehend what he says.

It's #1, but some of the wording maybe missing, no chance the roster is incapable of performing the task?

Strong two way hockey is not every players cup of tea.

Kuli,Kamo,Clark,Fras,McClar,JVR,,,,, missing, thats a lot of two way, heavy on the puck, rough and tumble missing from this/last seasons roster.

Hard for a coach to get his point across when a team is 6/1, now RC has some ammo to back his stance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->