Pre-Game Talk: Ducks @ Leafs, Quack Quack Quack Mr Farnsworth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Who is in net?

Does it matter?

Both our goalies are good but if they are continually get outworked, they will let in soft goals.

40-50 shots on net is going to be a loss unless we get real lucky.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Yeah whoever starts really doesn't matter. It's a question of what the rest of the roster does when they get out there.

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
I have a bad feeling about this game. :/ Can't wait to see Clarkson on Friday though.

crazyaces**

I'm sorry, I don't know them.

joffrey_lupul_38_640.jpg

nice!:laugh:

soulie

Jan 9, 2008
Team needs to dial up the emotion and start crashing n banging out there, if we have another figure skate session things won't end well.

Mr Scarface*

Damn since when is getzlaf bald. Sheesh
Been a loong time now. It tends to happen. Genetic things are the key but also it tends to happen if there's a lot of stress and not like getting everything a man or a women wants etc. Grey **** and all.
Hopefully some of our soldiers puts this guy to sleep. He is a very selfish player who wants to get paid. Hockey is not that important to him anymore.

Tyler Biggs*

Oh ya, it's the Ducks next. Clarkson won't be available until Friday vs the Blue Jackets. I can't wait to see him in a regular season game!

Kulemin & McLaren are both on Long Term Injured Reserve list. My understanding is that they must be off for a minimum of 10 games. If so, they can come back at the same time as Clarkson (Columbus on Friday). Someone will be called up for the Tuesday game with Anaheim.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
i'm expecting a high scoring game, judging by how awful our defense and possession game has been. Hopefully we get lucky despite being outshot 30-4. :(

Save for the game against the Kings, the ducks have been a defensive juggernaut.

13 GA in the other 7 games.:eek:

This could be real ugly.

And sit what 4th goal for?

They sit 4th, with the 3rd worst PP, best pray it don't heat up.

Last edited:

StringsAttached

BPD Nation!
Oct 1, 2013
Vaughan, ON
Save for the game against the Kings, the ducks have been a defensive juggernaut.

13 GA in the other 7 games.:eek:

This could be real ugly.

And sit what 4th goal for?

They sit 4th, with the 3rd worst PP, best pray it don't heat up.

Leafs G/F-G/A is very similar to Anaheim's. Their puck possession this year is unreal though, major improvement from last. I still think we're going to get chances and score but our possession will hurt us as usual...:cry:

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 40s
Leafs playing with orange hockey ball on the ice to start practice.

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 1m
McLaren came out to Grey jersey and switched to Red. Looks like he may get a more serious look with him scheduled to come of IR soon

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 2m
Leafs lines

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Raymond-Bolland-Leivo
McClement-Kadri-Lupul-(McLaren)
Bodie-Smith-Orr
Clarkson

Yay, Bodie is back. Did he play on Saturday?

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
I loved Randy's comments after practice that they're trying to reinforce to move at a quicker pace, team is built on speed and right now, they're not moving fast enough. Thank you Randy, thank you. This team can't even begin to compete if they're not skating.
I would predict a very heated and fast first 10 minutes, then one of our bonehead dmen makes one of their typical bonehead mistakes costing us a goal and the whole team goes back into panic, stand-around mode, and the shelling begins.
Or, they could surprise everybody and put in a 60-minute effort but that's a long shot based on what we've seen so far.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
anaheim be on a hell of a run right now. gotta play the game of discipline tonight. vatanen, lindholm, fowler, getzlaf, perry, silfverberg, selanne on that pp screams trouble for the leafs in ma opinion, specially with those two hard shootin vatanen and fowler at the points.

Anahiem's PP is 9.6%, its pitifiul given the amount of talent on their team.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Which would be great if the Forums were owned by Canada but they aren't and as the policy states, all conversation must partake in English due to being an English-speaking community ;). But alas, it was a little joke and people seemed to have taken it the wrong way.

It's okay! :D i understood it :)

Unbelievable. I thought today was Tuesday and tried frantically to find the game only to realize it wasn't on tonight. fml

it's okay - I was like crap i've missed like two periods....
wait... it's monday.

Penalty Kill Icing*

I loved Randy's comments after practice that they're trying to reinforce to move at a quicker pace, team is built on speed and right now, they're not moving fast enough. Thank you Randy, thank you. This team can't even begin to compete if they're not skating.
I would predict a very heated and fast first 10 minutes, then one of our bonehead dmen makes one of their typical bonehead mistakes costing us a goal and the whole team goes back into panic, stand-around mode, and the shelling begins.
Or, they could surprise everybody and put in a 60-minute effort but that's a long shot based on what we've seen so far.

At this point, I don't put weight on anyone's comments except Lupul's, the only one who comes every night to play. Carlyle can't even get this group motivated to play proper hockey. As a coach, saying "We didn't play good. We need to be better." repeatedly after poor performances doesn't speak highly of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->