Pre-Game Talk: Ducks @ Leafs, Quack Quack Quack Mr Farnsworth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyGuy

Aug 21, 2013
What's the purpose of the orange hockey ball?

Also, I feel like we're gonna get dominated. We're in for a 5 long losing streak and its a good thing we racked up some points early on.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Our forwards are cheating a lot. No puck support for D-men to clear the puck. D-men are forced to make stretch passes, no wonder they have giveaways.

I'd rather blame the system than personnel for our current slump.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta

Also, I feel like we're gonna get dominated. We're in for a 5 long losing streak and its a good thing we racked up some points early on.
So the dmen can shoot the forwards in the back if they are too far up and not supporting the breakout :laugh:?

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
We are going to have a lot of problem with this team. This is a big and fast team. Our D is very fragile and not very good along the boards.

Could be the last time Selanne plays in ACC.

mikebel111*

@sunhornby Carlyle has the stage on a breakout drill. He's explained it many times and personally skated to each spot on the ice to show what he wants

mikebel111*

Our forwards are cheating a lot. No puck support for D-men to clear the puck. D-men are forced to make stretch passes, no wonder they have giveaways.

I'd rather blame the system than personnel for our current slump.

Randy demands defense since he won the Norris as a player. I am pretty sure he wants forwards to help out the defense. The system is good. players need to execute. I think once we correct the breakout, things will improve.

mikebel111*

Carlyle says Kulemin and Fraser may be available around the 29th. Will join team at practice soon.

these 2 and Clarkson will be much needed in the group. If nothing else, they will provide effort

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON

It's just for fun and keeps things kind of loose. You can't be a hardass on your players 24/7, sometimes these types of games and carefree activities help bolster the mindset of the team and keep anxiety low, especially if they've been playing bad for a while.

He did the same thing last year when the team went on that short slump.

Kamal007

FEEL LIKE PABLO
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto
lol ball hockey. Like we need more of our forwards to start floating in centre ice, waiting for breakout passes or waiting at the blue line after a turnover, instead of backchecking

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
lol ball hockey. Like we need more of our forwards to start floating in centre ice, waiting for breakout passes or waiting at the blue line after a turnover, instead of backchecking

Jesus I hope this is ****ing sarcasm, in case you missed mikebel's post above
@sunhornby Carlyle has the stage on a breakout drill. He's explained it many times and personally skated to each spot on the ice to show what he wants

They weren't just ****ing around the entire time

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
From the frying pan into the fire. Ducks are the hottest team in the league, so this won't be easy.

Ducks are a team built to win my heart - the old slow physical Ducks are a thing of the past. They've jettisoned pretty much all the slow, physical players from their lineup entirely.

They don't have anything resembling a checking line anymore. They have the great top line of course, but then after that they have 3 lines that all have 2nd line scoring poetential, built around speedy, skilled players.

And their D has only been improved by the injuries to slow guys like Smid and Souray, as now young great skating D like Vatanen and Lindholm are playing in their place. They don't have one single unskilled tough guy on the roster - even guys like Bryan Allen and Ben Lovejoy are guys who can skate and handle the puck.

This ain't the big tough Ducks anymore - this is a very fast, very skilled, and very deep team. Absolutely love the way they're built.

Mr Scarface*

I'm sure there will be some over acted and overkill type **** in this game. Carlyle is pumped and ready, knowing his gamebook and what his team has to do. There will we also guaranteed fights during this one. Will be a tough game without some of our key guys. Interesting to see how we respond in this pond.

Will be almost a 100% guarantee that our team will come out with a boom this time. These last performances have not been great or not even our hardest. We need our key ninjas back to get back on track or else..... they are tough and hard, but we are the hardest team in the league. In the playoffs, our team will be ready to roll with the best of them. Our team is built straight into the playoffs.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Nothing wrong with adding a little bilingualism, French is the second official language for all of Canada you know ;)

Which would be great if the Forums were owned by Canada but they aren't and as the policy states, all conversation must partake in English due to being an English-speaking community ;). But alas, it was a little joke and people seemed to have taken it the wrong way.

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
anaheim be on a hell of a run right now. gotta play the game of discipline tonight. vatanen, lindholm, fowler, getzlaf, perry, silfverberg, selanne on that pp screams trouble for the leafs in ma opinion, specially with those two hard shootin vatanen and fowler at the points.

who's startin?

Tyler Biggs*

You know who I miss? Leo Komarov. He was a guy willing to forecheck. I hope when Clarkson is back he can provide a sparkplug to get this team going again. Mark Fraser on D can't come back soon enough either.

One thing that is missing this year compared to last year was the physical play. Our team was known as one of the most physical teams in the league. This year, no show that way. Blocked shots we led the league last year...again, don't see any.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
From the frying pan into the fire. Ducks are the hottest team in the league, so this won't be easy.

Ducks are a team built to win my heart - the old slow physical Ducks are a thing of the past. They've jettisoned pretty much all the slow, physical players from their lineup entirely.

They don't have anything resembling a checking line anymore. They have the great top line of course, but then after that they have 3 lines that all have 2nd line scoring poetential, built around speedy, skilled players.

And their D has only been improved by the injuries to slow guys like Smid and Souray, as now young great skating D like Vatanen and Lindholm are playing in their place. They don't have one single unskilled tough guy on the roster - even guys like Bryan Allen and Ben Lovejoy are guys who can skate and handle the puck.

This ain't the big tough Ducks anymore - this is a very fast, very skilled, and very deep team. Absolutely love the way they're built.

While the Ducks are pretty awesome, I'm not too sure how far they'll go in the post-season playing this type of game; they're not an overly physical team. Plus Boudreau's playoff track record isn't the greatest.

The 2007 Ducks were incredible though, that team was such a well-oiled machine. Physical and gritty while also possessing immense skill, they were so dominant.

Oh and Smid never played for the Ducks :P

Tyler Biggs*

I think Carlyle should nip it in the bud now and come down hard on players that are not playing the game they were so successful at during last season. The hockey Gods were too kind to them up to two games ago and regardless of those wins Carlyle and the coaching staff are responsible for making the players accountable.

Asif16*

So clarkson coming in friday for sure.

Mclaren seems ready to go and from the looks of it will be coming back on Saturday.

And carlyle says that Kulemin and Fraser will most likely be available by next tuesday when we start western canada roadswing.

So we could potentially have a full healthy lineup by next tuesday right?

marquee

Apr 7, 2011
Hope Reimer starts. This the type of team to chase him out a game. Something he did often every other start last year.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
So clarkson coming in friday for sure.

Mclaren seems ready to go and from the looks of it will be coming back on Saturday.

And carlyle says that Kulemin and Fraser will most likely be available by next tuesday when we start western canada roadswing.

So we could potentially have a full healthy lineup by next tuesday right?

Well going off of our luck thus far I think someone else will probably get injured during that time:cry: Lupul's status has been too good to be true so far :help:

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Something about those mid-week games at home... Even though we beat Minny, something about them seems like let down central.

I like Saturdays at home and week days on the road. Maybe its the production of CBC vs others, the cameras, the lighting, I don't know, but something about Saturday at home on CBC feels electric whereas weekday games at home feel dull, listless and quiet.

Maybe people are drunker Saturday, but overall the cameras and the lightning and the atmosphere just makes the Saturday home games more epic and electric. Even if the Leafs are getting shelled, I feel Hughson, Simpson and Healey bashing on the Leafs (as much as we hate it) brings something to these broadcasts, whereas if we are getting shelled on a weeknight, Joe and Greg will start recounting old drunken tales.

Road wins in general and home wins on Saturday just feel more epic and a loss doesn't seem to sting as much. Home losses on weekdays just feel excruciating for some reason and the game is usually boring. Even if its a boring trap-like game on HNIC, it still has its intrigue and excitement. Anyone get me?

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
Had a busy week and missed the last 2 games also missed their only other loss against Colorado. Have watched every other game from start to finish. Don't worry boys I'll be watching this one. Leafs nation needs me.:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->