Pre-Game Talk: Ducks @ Leafs, Quack Quack Quack Mr Farnsworth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
I couldn't give a rats behind if we win or lose, sorry but that's the way I feel right about now. All I care about is the Leafs finally learning to take the opposition seriously and come out with aggression and fire, no more of this sitting back and waiting to be smacked around for a bit before firing off 2-3 quick strikes. If the Leafs can learn to make smart/quick/proper passes out of their own end, they can substain offensive pressure in the other teams end and get at least 30 shots on net while allowing 25 or less I will consider that a victory regardless of whether we win or lose the game.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Would be nice if Kessel gets a little dirty this game, score a greasy goal, skate like we know he can. Get on a roll, when he is skating on the perimeter and shooting those low percentage shots, I know we are not going to get good Kessel. But when he skates to the middle of the ice, uses his speed. You know we are in for good Kessel.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Would be nice if Kessel gets a little dirty this game, score a greasy goal, skate like we know he can. Get on a roll, when he is skating on the perimeter and shooting those low percentage shots, I know we are not going to get good Kessel. But when he skates to the middle of the ice, uses his speed. You know we are in for good Kessel.

I find thats what Kessel does is when he's flustered he'll skate down the wing and fire a shot into the goalies chest that and/or try to go 1on3 with the opposition failing to use his linemates.

Dec 6, 2011
Didn't know we moved to Montreal that we started saying things in French.

Agreed, it is not my modus operandi to use any language other than English. Still, there seems to be a blitz of non-English words used lately, likely to satisfy some Anglophobic schadenfreude. I swear (seriously, I'll sign an affidavit) I only use English, it is my raison d'être. I even studied it at my Alma Mater - our motto was Deus Scientiarum Dominus Est - where I graduated Summa *** Laude. Others, though, are happy to use non-English. Ah well, C'est la vie.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Obviously the Ducks are a very good team, and playing great hockey at the moment (7 straight wins, tying their franchise record), but for some reason I feel confident about this one. We've only played them 3 times in the last 4 years, but we've won all 3, we just seem to play them well (albeit in small sample sizes). I think we're going to score a bunch of goals on them, more than they'll be able to put past Bernier (assuming he starts).

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Anaheim seems to be improving upon last year's success. A lot of people on HFBoards were calling them a 'fraud' team because even though they won their division and had a good year, they were 24th in Corsi numbers and 21st in Fenwick numbers.

This year, while it being a small sample size, they've managed to get their possession numbers up into the the top 6, and have dominated their games for the most part.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Anaheim seems to be improving upon last year's success. A lot of people on HFBoards were calling them a 'fraud' team because even though they won their division and had a good year, they were 24th in Corsi numbers and 21st in Fenwick numbers.

This year, while it being a small sample size, they've managed to get their possession numbers up into the the top 6, and have dominated their games for the most part.

With all due respect, very few people care about corsi and Fenwick.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
I just wanna see a full 60 minute effort, and more tight hockey. Last game before Clarkson comes in :D

Wins will come if we improve our game. We need to cut down on the shots against too. I personally feel Bernier has been a little loose lately due to fatigue from saving 35+ shots every ****ing game.

GO LEAFS GO!!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I think Lupul will have a very beastly game. I also think that the entire team will play together and really start showing that "Nothing in the world is going to stop us." mentality that they are capable of.

The keys for this game is simple - it's just to stop cheating. it's not even coming out and playing hard - but don't think it's going to be easy for you. Forwards stop being so high up - come down and help make the first pass manageable.

stop drop passing, assuming that the trailer is right behind you.

I don't care about the shots SO much but try to establish more of a presence in the Duck's zone. 12 minutes for two periods is not. good.

if the forwards can do that - then that will make life a heck of a lot easier for the defense pairings and that alone will make a huge difference.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
With all due respect, very few people care about corsi and Fenwick.

I don't really care about those numbers. All I know is:

If this is actually the Leafs strategy, they will never win the Cup.

No team wins the Cup if they are routinely outshot and outplayed only to be opportunistic and score on their chances.

I didn't mind being outshot by 4-5 shots...but 40-20 is ridiculous and it's only getting worse against Anaheim.

We might as well fire Carlyle if this is the master plan because there is no way this team goes anywhere without better puck possession.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 40s
Leafs playing with orange hockey ball on the ice to start practice.

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 1m
McLaren came out to Grey jersey and switched to Red. Looks like he may get a more serious look with him scheduled to come of IR soon

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 2m
Leafs lines

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Raymond-Bolland-Leivo
McClement-Kadri-Lupul-(McLaren)
Bodie-Smith-Orr
Clarkson

Asif16*

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 40s
Leafs playing with orange hockey ball on the ice to start practice.

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 1m
McLaren came out to Grey jersey and switched to Red. Looks like he may get a more serious look with him scheduled to come of IR soon

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 2m
Leafs lines

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Raymond-Bolland-Leivo
McClement-Kadri-Lupul-(McLaren)
Bodie-Smith-Orr
Clarkson

Didint carlyle say he was gonna try mclaren on the penalty kill before he got injured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad