Pre-Game Talk: Ducks @ Leafs, Quack Quack Quack Mr Farnsworth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Okay - Allons-y, Leafs. I forsee victory on the horizon! The Two Points shall be ours! They can outshoot in our zone, but they will NEVER TAKE OUR ...

um.

points. I guess.

LOL - poor play or not - love this team, I know the boys will do better. :nod:

Asif16*

Is this gonna be the first time Carlyle will face his former team?

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
We have stolen their GM, their coach, their star winger, and stud defensive prospect.

Now? Now we steal their souls.

....and Ryan Getzlaf if that's possible.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
When Mark Fraser, Nik Kulemin, Frazer McLaren went down, everybody wrote us off. Everybody. And yet here we are sitting at the top of the league. 20,000 people out there tomorrow, have also written us off. There are a few out there who still believe in you. A few who will never give up on you. When we go back out on the ice, those are the people who I want in your minds. Those are the people I want, in your hearts. Every man in some point in his life is going to lose a battle, he's going to fight and he is going to lose. But what makes him a man, is that in amidst that battle, he does not lose himself. This game is not over. This battle is not over. So let's hear it one more time, together... Burn the boats.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
We have stolen their GM, their coach, their star winger, and stud defensive prospect.

Now? Now we steal their souls.

....and Ryan Getzlaf if that's possible.

Corey Perry and Bobby Ryan aren't Leafs?

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
Corey Perry and Bobby Ryan aren't Leafs?

I'm sorry, I don't know them.

joffrey_lupul_38_640.jpg

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I hope Reimer or Bernier can stop 50 shots...because the Ducks are definitely outshooting us by about 20 or so shots.

~55-30 is my shot count. Our goalie better have his best game ever if we have any chance to win.

I saw the beat Ottawa and let me tell you...Lehner was fantastic in that game. Ducks could have scored 8+ goals.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Not going to be easy, but if they can topple the Ducks here that will be a great sign.

Get a win so Clarkson can join a team not in the midst of an unsettling losing streak :).

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
I hope Reimer or Bernier can stop 50 shots...because the Ducks are definitely outshooting us by about 20 or so shots.

~55-30 is my shot count. Our goalie better have his best game ever if we have any chance to win.

I saw the beat Ottawa and let me tell you...Lehner was fantastic in that game. Ducks could have scored 8+ goals.

That's it, their 2nd in shots, we're 2nd worst in shots against. Same ballpark, I'd put the over-under around 55.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
That's it, their 2nd in shots, we're 2nd worst in shots against. Same ballpark, I'd put the over-under around 55.

Yeah. Let's hope we get some luck our way.

If the Hawks spanked us, the Ducks might be worse considering how good they have been.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Please win

I really thought we would win against Chicago for three reasons:

1) HNiC, national broadcast...
2) I don't know about the rest of the team but Lupul looked pissed after losing to Carolina.
3) It was the perfect opportunity for the team to play a full 60 mins.

Anaheim...I hope we get lucky because I just cannot see us winning that game with the way the teams have played so far.

Anaheim is kicking ass right now and we're getting kicked.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

You think were gunna get 30 shots? I think 25 max.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
If the Leafs play against Anaheim how they played the 3rd period of the Chicago game, they've got a chance. If they play how they did the first two periods, especially the 2nd where they stopped skating, they're going to get slaughtered.

I have a feeling Randy will really, really want to win this one bad though. Hopefully he can pull another 'game 2 vs Boston' out of his hat with this group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad