• Ducks, Kings

• Ducks, Sharks

• Kings, Sharks

Results are only viewable after voting.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Who, if any, do you think could make the playoffs this season?

playoffs2.jpg

playoffs-jim-mora-ejDxbDaxZZkeQmr0yu

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think the Kings have the most talent on their roster. All 3 are due for some regression though.

Kings were very high on most metrics before they got hit hard with injuries and such, they were losing games due to special teams but were very good at ES play. I haven't checked the numbers recently, but if they're due for some regression, I would say that's probably counterbalanced a little bit by guys returning. They have just rattled off 7 wins in a row including 3 in 4 nights on the road while missing Drew Doughty, Arvidsson, Walker, Vilardi, Andersson, Byfield, and literally just got back Athanasiou, so the young guys are growing enough that they're positioned pretty well exactly where they were expected coming into the year, challenging for a playoff spot.

In other words, they aren't as good/lucky as this streak, but they also weren't as bad as the results at the beginning, so it should all even out.

Reactions: kilowatt

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I mean the ducks raising their power play from 7% or whatever it was last year to the league average was going to get Anaheim some points. A healthy lindholm and motivated gibson and a resurgent getzalf all make Anaheim a dangerous team.

Then you add in the young players like terry zegras Lundy drysdale mctavish…. Maybe comtois if he feels like it. Hell you may start seeing perreault in the not too distant future.

Perreault doesnt get nearly the love that Kaliyev got... but looks basically as good if not better(year younger).

I think kings are the best team out of the 3, and built the best to go to the playoffs... but anaheim prob isnt as far as people think(or their fans thought).... san jose i honestly havnt seen this year so ill hold back judgement on them.

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Kings and Sharks seem like they have the ability to make it. Anaheim I don’t so.

Actually I think the Ducks and Kings are the 2 teams, remember Doughty is out right now and the Sharks do have Kane coming back but...I could also see all 3 teams not making it but more likely only 1 does.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Voted ducks, they're legit a good team this year. If LA can weather the injuries then I think they may be able to sneak in as well.

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
I'd go with Ducks and Kings. I'm surprised ANA is off to such a start.

It's funny. If you asked this question around 2012-16, this thread would have been locked in 5 minutes. Crazy how time flies eh

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
All of these none votes are hilarious. I voted "None" as a jinx, but...

If we assume both divisions are comparable enough to send 4 each but none of the Cali teams make it, that would imply at least one of Vancouver or Seattle makes it in.

vWQSvUF.gif

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
All of these none votes are hilarious. I voted "None" as a jinx, but...

If we assume both divisions are comparable enough to send 4 each but none of the Cali teams make it, that would imply at least one of Vancouver or Seattle makes it in.

vWQSvUF.gif
Oilers
Knights
Flames
Wild
Jets
Blues
Aves
Predators

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Again, assuming both divisions will send 4 teams. I fully expect either one of the Wild or the Preds to drop out at some point, leaving one of the Cali teams to take the other WC.
who says 4 from each? I'd argue Dallas could get their act together as well.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
None.

Oilers, Flames and Knights will make it with 5 teams coming out of the Central.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad