GDT: Ducks @ Flam 2:00 pm MT SNET-W

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Finally we won wearing our beautiful retro jersey as well. Would've been a disgrace to go winless in them.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Bennett, Mangie, Dube step up then the Flames is in good shape up front.

Backend is still f***ed up. Thanks BT for all the effort. Hamonic, Stone and Hanifin need to go.

Reactions: Tofveve

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Bennett, Mangie, Dube step up then the Flames is in good shape up front.

Backend is still ****ed up. Thanks BT for all the effort. Hamonic, Stone and Hanifin need to go.

If we can move those three for assets and bring in Sami Vatanen...

Valimaki-Brodie
Kylington-Andersson
Giordano-Vatanen

man that would be outstanding. Three first pairs instead of three third pairs.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Not sure why Bennett still isn't on a unit. Total respect to Backlund but he's just not that good on the PP anymore.

Mangiapane-Bennett-Dube
Kylington-Ryan
Ward likes Lucic on the PP for some reason. Possibly having flashbacks to when Lucic actually provided some sort of offensive skill

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Our five goals in 14:14 wasn't even good enough for the 273 fastest five goals by one team in history. We're still off by about 6 minutes. :whaaa?:

The fastest Flames to do it was the Atlanta Flames on March 12th, 1975. 4 minutes 12 seconds.

NHL Records

Oh well, still impressive for this goal-starved group.

Last edited:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Fairly sure the line was Mangiapane/Bennett and Dube. All are 23 or younger. All have some combination of Skill/Speed/Grit/Intensity
Yeah I mistook Monahan for mangie. Your comment makes total sense in that case.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Ward likes Lucic on the PP for some reason. Possibly having flashbacks to when Lucic actually provided some sort of offensive skill

To be fair, he's had two PP goals in the past two weeks.

But yes, I think Bennett's definitely earned some PP ice time again. I like the line of him with Dube and Lucic a fair bit though.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
The comment that still eats away at me at times is, "Who are these people?"

Jekyll and Hyde indeed.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I wanted to throw out I thought Stone had a really good game with Brodie yesterday. Really hoping we keep him around for cheap depth at this point.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

Milan Lucic considered quitting in November

I wonder if this is part of it. Management and players trying to revive Lucic's love for the game. If Lucic heats up and gets confidence for the play offs, that's an excellent guy to have on your roster.

I thought Doc had the flu, why's he on IR?

Damn. That's not the greatest news and damn, we are suddenly injury ravaged for a team that had few man games lost these last few seasons. I wonder if the players were hiding crazy injuries to everyone's detriment these last few seasons for some unknown reason (worried about coach?).

Reactions: Corpus X

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Damn. That's not the greatest news and damn, we are suddenly injury ravaged for a team that had few man games lost these last few seasons. I wonder if the players were hiding crazy injuries to everyone's detriment these last few seasons for some unknown reason (worried about coach?).
Turns out that he's on IR because they could put him on IR. The Flames don't play until Friday and it was retroactive to last Thursday.

Mmm all that free cap savings.

Reactions: Fig

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad