Ducks fan with a question

parrosfan16

May 13, 2009
So the Habs are playing the Ducks on Wednesday. What are the chances of Parros playing in the game even though the Ducks don't have an enforcer? Its Parros's first game back since he left and want to go if the chance of him playing are good (1.5 hr drive one way). I get most Habs fans (on here anyways) don't like him, but he was beloved in Anaheim. Thanks.

Edit to fix stupid auto correct.

Last edited:

Analyzer*

He's not disliked, he's just not loved as much as he was in Anaheim.

Parros should play against Anaheim. It really depends on injuries, though. I don't think Bournival, or Prust will be back by then.

Also depends on who/what we trade/acquire.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Depends if Bournival & White are healthy or not. We don't really hate him, but he's a much worst player than some other options we have.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Well, if any forward comes off the IR, he'll be the first to be scratched.

White has the flu, Bournival is going through the NHL's concussion deal and Prust has a shoulder injury.

They all travalled to California, so I'd say odds are at least one of them will have returned. I'd expect Ryan White to play as soon as he can get away from the toilet, for one.

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
I think Therrien will play him out of respect for Big George, he played there for a good chunk of his career.

I can see this as well. Parros is well respected on the team. Early in the year, Habs fans liked what he brought until he ended up -5 playing in like 5 minutes or something.

He seems to have lost his defensively solid aspect of the game, which doesn't make sense.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I can see this as well. Parros is well respected on the team. Early in the year, Habs fans liked what he brought until he ended up -5 playing in like 5 minutes or something.

He seems to have lost his defensively solid aspect of the game, which doesn't make sense.

Habs fans liked what he brought because he didn't look like he sucked so bad 3 minutes into his debut, and then he got knocked out. He was as bad after that as he's been for the last year or two before joining us. It's a PK everytime he's out there.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
So the Habs are playing the Ducks on Wednesday. What are the chances of Parros playing in the game even though the Ducks don't have an enforcer? Its Parros's first game back since he left and want to go if the chance of him playing are good (1.5 hr drive one way). I get most Habs fans (on here anyways) don't like him, but he was beloved in Anaheim. Thanks.

Edit to fix stupid auto correct.

Good question if you are a big Parros fan and want to see him play again like the old days.

From our side it's difficult to say three days in advance. Now Parros is in the lineup playing on the 4th line but we have another 4th liner with the flu (White), a 3rd/4th on the IR but could be back then (Prust), and another lower-line guy dealing with a concussion (Bournival). You could monitor those guys' conditions but at least two seem to be joining the Habs today on their road trip. (But Mtl players love the California trip and will travel if they can so does not necessarily mean they're ready.)

Plus of course there's the trade deadline Wednesday, that could mix things up maybe if a Habs forward leaves in a deal we'll need to play depth like Parros.

Also worth considering is the Habs tend to respect traditions and it would be special and fitting to enable a vet like Parros to play again back in his old barn. Especially if there is some sort of a tribute or a ceremony. The Habs adore ceremonies. And our current organization, they value respect above all.

I would guess ~50% chance Parros plays in Anaheim on Wednesday. We'll know better as game day approaches. Cheers!

XJIDGZQF.jpg

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Concussion are nothing to laugh at and Parros next one might cause permanent damage.

He did not fight against Boston and Toronto or anyone else in 2014. Pretty sure he's gonna retire at the end of the season and the Habs just keep him around because he's a nice guy and a leader off the ice.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It takes balls to start a thread on these forums.

I probably would have titled it "Fan ducks, with a question", since the first few posts will be delivered by this site's elite snipers, usually cutting an OP down to size.

Parros is very likeable and you get the sense he can draw a smile in any crowd. However, on the ice where it counts first and foremost, we're not seeing the man at his best and it's sad, cause he's the type of player you want to see succeed.

He's got a lot less edge without his full-out ability to mix it up -- he doesn't need this anymore, he's made his cash and he's a bright guy. Hopefully, he walks away from this a healthy man.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Therriens plays him more of a regular shift right now. He knows when to play and not play him. Earlier, when he was not fighting he was a liability but MT plays him smarter now. Hopefully he uses him and it ends up in a drag out fight, taking Perry and Getzlav's heads and smashing them together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad