Ducks fan w Gibson Q

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
Hey guys,

just wondering, since Gibson is a Pittsburgh boy, do you ever get mixed emotions playing against him? Or even root for him in general? I tend to root for the California kids (Trevor Moore of the Leafs, etc) but we havent produced an NHL goalie.

Good luck guys with your season and thank you for any responses. You guys saved us from Predators and Sharks cups, we will always be thankful in Anaheim!

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
It doesn't matter, but I think it would be sorta cool if the played for the Pens.

But that is about it.

Being an opponent, it doesn't really matter where they're from.

Being out here in California, I too always want west coast based players to find success.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Hey guys,

just wondering, since Gibson is a Pittsburgh boy, do you ever get mixed emotions playing against him? Or even root for him in general? I tend to root for the California kids (Trevor Moore of the Leafs, etc) but we havent produced an NHL goalie.

Good luck guys with your season and thank you for any responses. You guys saved us from Predators and Sharks cups, we will always be thankful in Anaheim!

As a USA fan, I love Gibson.

KeepitinPitt

Mar 31, 2004
Gibsonia, PA
I root for Gibson when he's not playing against the Pens. When he does, I want to see him get destroyed like any other opposing goalie. I'd much rather see Sid get six points than Gibson have a respectable game. Any other night though I'm pulling for him and the Ducks. In general I like to see players from Western PA succeed.

Reactions: salsa man

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I'd like for him to succeed just because he's from here, and it would be cool if he played for the Pens. Otherwise, he's just another NHLer.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
To be totally fair, iirc, Gibson had not yet gone through his growth spurt while he was at Baldwin. Dude grew like a full foot as soon as he left. I was 2 years ahead of him, but I had friends in his class that have told me he wasn't so huge until later.

Last edited:

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
To be totally fair, iirc, Gibson had not yet gone through his growth spurt while he was at Baldwin. Dude grew like a full foot as soon as he left. I was 2 years ahead of him, but I had friends in his class that have told me he wasn't so huge until later.
He was still light years better than anyone. Our team would go an entire hour plus practice with scoring maybe 1 or 2 shots on him.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
He was still light years better than anyone. Our team would go an entire hour plus practice with scoring maybe 1 or 2 shots on him.

Yeah I can't disagree that the coach made an ass of himself by starting his kid over NHL caliber talent. Cost Baldwin a great plaque on the wall of alumni. Now we're stuck with just Wannstedt, Orrin Hatch, the Abu Ghraib guy, and some HF posters.

Reactions: steelcityassault

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I wanted the Pens to draft Saad and Gibson that year. I’ll cheer for him when he’s representing USA, but other than that he’s just another player.

Reactions: EightyOne

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Hey guys,

No mixed emotions playing the Pens, but want to see him do well outside of that.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I hope he does well in general but I hope he ****s the bed against the Pens.

I feel mildly disgruntled that in the past couple of years he's gone from regularly doing just that against us to seemingly reserving his best for playing us.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Hey guys,

Not when he is playing the Pens. Crush him! That being said I do find myself cheering for local players on other teams, as long as they are not playing the Pens. When Malone was in Tampa I always cheered him on, same with Saad in Chicago and Columbus, and Gibson with Anaheim. As long as they are not playing the black and gold I’ll cheer them on to do well. But I’d they are out there against the Pens, son of Pittsburgh or not, you are the enemy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->