Claimed off Waivers: Ducks claim Chad Johnson

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Good for him, he was not good here but no one has been this year lol (Well except RoR) He always seemed like a decent guy when interviewed.

Reactions: zaqq

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Well that's good for him, but as a Blues fan, I wish he'd have cleared. We need to see what we have in Husso and Binnington, but its quite possible neither could be ready. It wasn't totally CJ's fault here. On the bright side, having no back-up goalie and a starter prone to self-destructing for months at a time can only help our quest to keep our top-10 protected draft pick.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Was hoping he would be Sparks replacement for the Leafs. The quicker they realize he is not an NHL goalie the better. Leafs are in trouble if Andersen goes down for an extended period.

Reactions: zaqq

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Hopefully Binnington can at least be a serviceable backup for the Blues.

Now time to find a starter...

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Hopefully Binnington can at least be a serviceable backup for the Blues.

Now time to find a starter...

Blues could trade for Quick as a stopgap and hed help Husso and Binnington in terms of positioning and mentality. Injuries aside, the Blues need a mentally strong netminder to help and they can keep Quick healthy by rolling him on a tandem with the two kids and ship Jake out of town.

If... IF they can make the playoffs, Quick can steal games if they can get their offense together and they got the pieces to do it, they just need a head coach and new staff, which Army should have hired yesterday.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Well that's good for him, but as a Blues fan, I wish he'd have cleared. We need to see what we have in Husso and Binnington, but its quite possible neither could be ready. It wasn't totally CJ's fault here. On the bright side, having no back-up goalie and a starter prone to self-destructing for months at a time can only help our quest to keep our top-10 protected draft pick.

You’ll get a chance to claim him back in about 6 weeks which is roughly Miller’s expected return date.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Blues just gained 1.75 mil in cap whoo hooo

We had to call up Binnie, so we only saved $1.1M. We only saved $725k over having him clear waivers as $1.025 would have been buried. But the real question is, what are we saving cap for? Next year? His contract expires. Being buyers at the TDL? :laugh:

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I think if he cleared waivers the Leafs would have dealt something for him. They desperately need a goalie in the AHL considering they lose all their depth to waivers.
they already traded glass to the ducks ahl team for future considerations. probably mean anaheim will give them coreau

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Not sure what was the point of acquiring Glass...

Maybe they "feared" other teams had put a claim on Johnson...

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Not sure what was the point of acquiring Glass...

Maybe they "feared" other teams had put a claim on Johnson...

I think this is exactly the reason. Plus glass is on an ahl deal so not a giant deal either way. That said, I’m guessing that if they knew no one else would claim him first, they probably don’t trade for glass.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
We had to call up Binnie, so we only saved $1.1M. We only saved $725k over having him clear waivers as $1.025 would have been buried. But the real question is, what are we saving cap for? Next year? His contract expires. Being buyers at the TDL? :laugh:

Maybe they just wanted to cut payroll so we spend less cash. Maybe we just want to know if Binnington can be the backup next season.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Clearing cap space for that Zaitsev for Pie swap Sportsnet told us about

:sarcasm: :sarcasm:

Hey you can wish in one hand and sheet in another and see which one fills up first

Trust me if zaitsev is in a deal for petro, you can believe a cap dump like that is going to raise the price. Think about this

Nylander, Zaitsev, Liljgren Sandin 1st 2019

for

Petro

Thats the price of a 4.5 x 5 million cap dump. Good luck with that

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I was just trying to find joy in something. No matter how small it may be/.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->