Confirmed with Link: Ducks claim Andrew Agozzino off waivers

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
BM has always done a good job of helping the AHL team. I expect Agozzino to be waived when the dust settles after the deadline and finish the year in SD

Would this make him ineligible for the AHL playoffs?

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Or... might be a place holder for, say, a Comtois for the rest of the regular season in San Diego. It's apparent we're in a fire sale and not making the playoffs. Comtois gets some NHL burn and then be able to play in the AHL playoffs. So there could be that possibility.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Here comes the Calder Cup, quick, extend Murray before he leaves us for another team! We don't want to be 2nd to last do we?? No, #1 all the way!

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
I don't understand this at all. It must be an AHL move as he has scored in the AHL, although he has done next to nothing in the NHL. Why claim him off of waivers when the Ducks will need to waive him again to send him to San Diego. Per Cap Friendly he is signed for next season as well, at a $400,000 AHL salary. Maybe Bob is thinking ahead to this summer, and it will be one less contract to sign for San Diego for next year.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I don't understand this at all. It must be an AHL move as he has scored in the AHL, although he has done next to nothing in the NHL. Why claim him off of waivers when the Ducks will need to waive him again to send him to San Diego. Per Cap Friendly he is signed for next season as well, at a $400,000 AHL salary. Maybe Bob is thinking ahead to this summer, and it will be one less contract to sign for San Diego for next year.

Maybe as a fail safe in case Grant doesn't return?

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017

Scores his 1st goal of both the season and with the Ducks and 2nd career goal in the NHL congrats.

Hey, look who's back. Good to see you around these parts again.

Not that it's saying much, but he's been better than Backes. Hope he's the 4th line center for most of the remaining games and he gets a legitimate shot at a role next year in camp (assuming they don't re-sign a certain someone, wink-wink nudge-nudge).

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

As I said above, it's a body for the Ducks without having to take from the Gulls. It would have been a massive blow to their fortunes if Carrick was called up to replace Grant's roster spot for the rest of the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad