GDT: Ducks @ Blackhawks 7:30 PM (CT) NBCSCH - Figure Out Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
I think he is just the focus too much..everything typically has to go through him or players look to him first...that **** needs to change and work the damn puck around like they have been doing today...

Right, reminds me of when the lightning weren't as good and deferred to Stamkos all night long, or the Devil's with Kovy. Sure, they'd get their goals/points but the rest of the shifts were so predictable.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Kane is supremely talented offensively but he somehow makes everyone else worse.
in a sense that is true.

two years ago at the World Championships the year before Kane played, team USA had Jack Eichel there, and everything they did on the power play was going to Eichel first...it was so bizarre and frustrating like the players just looked to Eichel to "do his stuff" or "he will get the job done" and that just didn't work...I see some of that here where Kane either needs to carry it into the zone or once in the puck has to go to him near the far circle and the rest of the team waits for him to make his move. it can work sometimes on his pure skill alone, but it is nothing you can sustain against solid pk teams...

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Love watching Toews again. All the nuances. He looks five years younger.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
Yep they're really bipolar. Either they come out looking like a playoff team or they look like one of the worst teams ever, as they did in the 2nd period Sunday.

Some nights I feel like they'll be a trade deadline pickup away from doing some damage in the playoffs once Forsling and Murphy get back/Sikura gets called up. The other nights I'm fairly confident that they'll be picking in the top 10 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->