GDT: Ducks @ Blackhawks 7:30 PM (CT) NBCSCH - Figure Out Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
This is one of those cockroach games the Kings used to talk about when playing the Hawks. The Hawks admittedly are playing well but they gotta step it up a notch to get the next goal so that the Ducks are forced into taking chances.

Reactions: BobbyJet

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
A few thoughts on the period:
- 20 much better
- 15 and 8 ahead of Toews on 1st PP unit is just plain stupidity
- Seabs had a fine period. One shot block may have saved a goal
- Gus played well
- Fortin, good speed created some chances but was guilty of overpassing on one golden opportunity
- Manning kept it simple as did Keith
- once again the PK leaves ops player all alone near blue paint (on 2 separate occasions)
- good possession in period one

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Eh, Given Anaheim's stat sheet and on-ice evidence they're also not pressuring nearly as hard as Tampa did. Not to take away from notable individual efforts in the first.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Ducks were worst team in the league for scoring chances against and shots against. Gibson just been playing out of his mind. Randy Carlisle is another old boys club idiot.

Agreed. Ducks are an awful team. The standings don't reflect how they've played at all.

Also, call me crazy, but I prefer the Hawks' PP unit WITHOUT Kane on it. The "second" PP unit was run how a PP unit SHOULD be run, and was way, way better.

Reactions: TLEH

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Agreed. Ducks are an awful team. The standings don't reflect how they've played at all.

Also, call me crazy, but I prefer the Hawks' PP unit WITHOUT Kane on it. The "second" PP unit was run how a PP unit SHOULD be run, and was way, way better.
Yeah I actually agree with that and been saying that I actually think Kane might be apart of the problem and holds the puck too much and doesn’t move it quick enough. He isn’t very direct on the powerplay.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yeah I actually agree with that and been saying that I actually think Kane might be apart of the problem and holds the puck too much and doesn’t move it quick enough. He isn’t very direct on the powerplay.
I think he is just the focus too much..everything typically has to go through him or players look to him first...that shit needs to change and work the damn puck around like they have been doing today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->