GDT: Ducks @ Blackhawks 7:30 PM (CT) NBCSCH - Figure Out Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Heading into their game tonight vs the Ducks the Blackhawks rank 4th in SOG/GP and 30th in shots against.
The Ducks are ranked dead last in both of these categories.

Despite the Ducks poor shot suppression and generation John Gibson has kept his team in games with incredible goal tending and is sporting a .949Sv%.
It's also no shock they have the highest PDO in the league sitting atop the Pacific Division.

Blackhawks Shots Taken

HawksSOG.JPG

Ducks 5v5 Shots allowed

DucksSA.JPG

Blackhawks projected lines

Ducks projected lines

Sorry I Couldn't find anything on D pairs for either team.

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Heading into their game tonight vs the Ducks the Blackhawks rank 4th in SOG/GP and 30th in shots against.
The Ducks are ranked dead last in both of these categories.

Despite the Ducks poor shot suppression and generation John Gibson has kept his team in games with incredible goal tending and is sporting a .949Sv%.
It's also no shock they have the highest PDO in the league sitting atop the Pacific Division.

Blackhawks Shots Taken

View attachment 149091

Ducks 5v5 Shots allowed

View attachment 149093

Blackhawks projected lines

Ducks projected lines

It seems Ritchie will get his first game of the season tonight on the top line​

I can update the projected lines when I know more.

what ever your graphics means, i like the new tech...... many thanks.

btw love the Q and wheel of fortune. :thumbu:

Reactions: iiStylesx

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
.949 save percentage for Gibson? Damn, looks like it's gonna be a goalie showdown tonight. Kick their ass Crow!

Reactions: ColdSteel2

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
With Toews hot start to the year why not put Saad on his line to try and get him going?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
With Toews hot start to the year why not put Saad on his line to try and get him going?

He and Cat have great chemistry. Leave that duo alone. Saad had an entire year to figure it out with JT. If he cant figure it out with Kane then play him on the third line or trade his contract.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
1.They are paying Saad $6.0 ...be cannot be used on the bottom lines.. And they have put him back at 2 LW..

2.Schatz simply has no "step up" as was expected/hoped he would ...so the demotion to 3RW is completely justified and given a) he has not shown he is worth the risk of a big raise and now must prove that he is without riding coattails with Kane ...so this makes perfect sense.

3.So line 3 being Fort in Kampf Schatz gives a speedier total line ...they must be allowed to grow together and to learn to defend on the f-zone together.

4.Limits demotion to 4LW ...it is about time! He was a stop'gap "extra" and should only have a 4th line role ..

So I think FINALLY Q gets the blend correct ..not that proper roles alone can fix the poor puck control,slow to recover pucks, poor exits,poor entries,poor pp,me pk ,and done albatross problems ...But at least Q finally figured out this is the best composition for his forward lines.. So he should just leave the Blender to sit on a shelf..and just sink or swim with thus configuration...As to the d-corps..that is another matter..

When Forsaking and later Murphy come back,then we revisit the d-blender...but the forwards blender should be shelved ...until they decide to cut Matinssen and put Seabrook at 4RW and get a dnan who can defend the d zone even just 50% better than him..and that is not asking a lot .

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Oops. ..John Dietz tweeted Schmaltz was centering Fortin and Kampf ..maybe Kampf takes the draws?I thought when I read Powers that Kampf was the C and Schmaltz would be Rw...the theory being break-aways and 2 on 1s with the best assets of Fortin and Schmaltz. ..their speed..still do not like Schmaltz as a C ...lost in the d-zone and does not got to crease in the scummy dirty areas ...let Kampf do the scrumming and the d-zone checking in the middle.

But is Schmaltz is the 3C then got the blend right but the configuration wrong..Would still require the adjustment correction .

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
1.They are paying Saad $6.0 ...be cannot be used on the bottom lines.. And they have put him back at 2 LW..

2.Schatz simply has no "step up" as was expected/hoped he would ...so the demotion to 3RW is completely justified and given a) he has not shown he is worth the risk of a big raise and now must prove that he is without riding coattails with Kane ...so this makes perfect sense.

3.So line 3 being Fort in Kampf Schatz gives a speedier total line ...they must be allowed to grow together and to learn to defend on the f-zone together.

4.Limits demotion to 4LW ...it is about time! He was a stop'gap "extra" and should only have a 4th line role ..

So I think FINALLY Q gets the blend correct ..not that proper roles alone can fix the poor puck control,slow to recover pucks, poor exits,poor entries,poor pp,me pk ,and done albatross problems ...But at least Q finally figured out this is the best composition for his forward lines.. So he should just leave the Blender to sit on a shelf..and just sink or swim with thus configuration...As to the d-corps..that is another matter..

When Forsaking and later Murphy come back,then we revisit the d-blender...but the forwards blender should be shelved ...until they decide to cut Matinssen and put Seabrook at 4RW and get a dnan who can defend the d zone even just 50% better than him..and that is not asking a lot .
Nah ... Saad could be good with Kampf and Fortin on the third line.

Schmaltz, Anisimov, and Kane could work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->