TSN: Ducks asked Perry for a list of teams he would accept a trade to at some point last season

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
TSN - Erik Karlsson tops first trade bait board of summer

“Finally, it is believed the Anaheim Ducks asked former Hart Trophy winner Corey Perry (25) for a list of teams he’d accept a trade to at some point last season. He is due $24 million over the next three years. The Ducks may want to tinker with their core, but Perry’s contract won’t be easy to move and he holds all the cards.”
That's a lot of contract for 17 goals with 49 points and 33 years old!

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Bongsong

May 5, 2018
Frolik and Brouwer for Perry

Buy out Brouwer cap 1.5 for 4 years and frolik 4.5 for 2 years saves,

2.6 year 1 and 2
7.1 year 3
-1.5 year 4

Total savings 10.8 mill

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The bigger problem for Anaheim is which teams would want Corey Perry.

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
That's interesting, thanks for sharing. I bet "healthy" return to those canuck fans is Lindholm or Rakell as such, it's stupid.
I hope the expectations are not that high lol. We won't be making a deal if that's the case. Might be better to try and move Kesler's contract and keep Perry. pickup Ryan O'Reilly instead with some assets and target JVR in free agency.

Silverberg Getzlaf Rakall
JVR O'Reilly Perry
Henrique

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I hope the expectations are not that high lol. We won't be making a deal if that's the case. Might be better to try and move Kesler's contract and keep Perry. pickup Ryan O'Reilly instead with some assets and target JVR in free agency.

Silverberg Getzlaf Rakall
JVR O'Reilly Perry
Henrique

I'd rate it as highly unlikely that either of them is going to be willing to waive their full NMC for the sort of bottom feeder that would take on their contract for a sweetener.

Also, hell would have to freeze over before Kesler would waive to go back to Vancouver. And maybe not even then

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
I'd rate it as highly unlikely that either of them is going to be willing to waive their full NMC for the sort of bottom feeder that would take on their contract for a sweetener.

Also, hell would have to freeze over before Kesler would waive to go back to Vancouver period. And maybe not even then
Yeah, we don't want him back. lol. move him somewhere else with some cap retention and let that team put him on LTIR after his surgery. If the league would even let you move his contract if he is going to be off for the entire 2018-19 season as rumour has it.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
I was thinking that Perry to the Coyotes for Domi would be a good fit, if only Perry made just a bit less on the cap. That was before Domi's great end of the season though.

What about the Blues? Move Steen for Perry (Anaheim adds?) and hope a healthy Fabbri is still a top 6 winger? They want a center instead though and there is only so much cap space...

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
That's interesting, thanks for sharing. I bet "healthy" return to those canuck fans is Lindholm or Rakell as such, it's stupid.

we’re talking jim benning here. “healthy return” means elias pettersson or brock boeser.

luckily, there is 0% chance perry would come to vancouver. but yes, our GM is thinking, corey perry? he won the mvp and rocket? in 2011 you say? i can add him to eriksson, gagner, gudbranson, and sutter to tie up $26.025 million until 2020, and $22.875 million until 2021, and i can still have eriksson still on the books for $6 million in 2022 when my young guys will need extensions? can i add a 2nd round pick?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->