TSN: Ducks asked Perry for a list of teams he would accept a trade to at some point last season

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
He's still put up 17g and 32 assists and the year before was 19g and 34 assists, so it's not like he isn't producing at all (just not for what he's being paid for obvi).

Eh, I don't see why Dallas does this. Also, I think rather just wait out Perry's contract since he can still put up around 40-50 points. Also, no interest in the worst Ritchie brother.

Hanzal would be a good center for Anaheim, and Ritchie is in there for cap. Well, so is Hanzal, but at least he's good.

For Dallas they let the young forwards come up and take a spot, and gives Dallas a vet winger that can hold the fort until the prospects are ready.

Plus the combo of Benn-Perry I think would look good.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
.... then the Ducks started asking other teams if they were interested, and shortly thereafter got back to Perry and said "never mind".

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
He basically has his retirement contract while living in California.
Not to mention no team wants his paycheck. He just is DONE with hockey.
Well, that's what I see when I watch him play - I'm sure he can be sold with some twists in the language, so to speak. I just don't think those who would want to trade for him know how bad he is.

Last edited:

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Corey Perry got 49 points in a down year, Evander Kane got 54 points in a career year and got a 7x7 contract, if I'm not mistaken?

If the Ducks retain 20 percent then there will be teams interested. It wouldn't be a negative value. But the big thing is Perry has to agree to any move.
This.

Perry isn't in his Hart Trophy form but he's still a damn good player.

He'll get a nice little haul if Anaheim retains.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I have no idea why ANA would do that. They don't want to pay Perry 8.6 next year so they take on 12.6M in salary to pay 3 bad players instead of 1? 3 contracts - 2 of which last as long or longer than Perry's while giving up an RFA the organization is pretty high on? Pass

We easily pass too, but you're saying that Nino is a "bad player"?

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Plenty of reasons....

Such as? He already started declining really badly and he's grossly overpaid, thus Anaheim is trying to move him..

I don't even see a great dump vs dump situation because of how much he's getting paid, i guess Anaheim could try to offload him to a bottom feeder by adding several assets? I count 1 option, definitely not "plenty".

Last edited:
Reactions: CacOBG

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This.

Perry isn't in his Hart Trophy form but he's still a damn good player.

He'll get a nice little haul if Anaheim retains.

Ducks need to change things up. When the GM singles Perry out saying that his off-season commitment isn't up to snuff:

Quote: "Corey's got to buy into some more things in the offseason,"

Ducks need to play faster and be more disciplined. It was sad watching their big trio from the 2003 draft who are 33 this year being completely undisciplined against the Sharks. Something needs to change.

they have the D core. Maybe Terry and Steel can help them play faster next season.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
I’d have interest in perry coming to St. Louis depending on the price and salary retention. I’d be more interested and pay more for getzlaf though if you’re shedding players to play 2c behind Tavares after we sign him and shift schenn back to wing.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Such as? He already started declining really badly and he's grossly overpaid, thus Anaheim is trying to move him..

I don't even see a great dump vs dump situation because of how much he's getting paid, i guess Anaheim could try to offload him to a bottom feeder by adding several assets? I count 1 option, definitely not "plenty".
I think you're exaggerating on the level of decline and degree of overpayment. Why would someone trade for him? It's not always easy to add a guy capable of putting up 50+ points without either locking into a long term deal in free agency or giving up prime trade assets. Perry could be a cheap way to acquire some offense while only having to commit short term money, which could work for a few of these teams with plenty of cap space.

I know I'd rather commit to three years of Perry at that price than some of the free agent contracts we'll inevitably see for veteran UFA wingers this summer.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I’d have interest in perry coming to St. Louis depending on the price and salary retention. I’d be more interested and pay more for getzlaf though if you’re shedding players to play 2c behind Tavares after we sign him and shift schenn back to wing.
Getzlaf is not being moved nor is he even being considered to move. Would love to see how the Blues could work with Getz and Tavares' contracts though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad