Ducks all time defense pair or forward line added to current team.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Anaheim Ducks

Dany Heatley - Ryan Getzlaf - Corey Perry
Andrew Cogliano - Ryan Kesler - Jakob Silfverberg
Patrick Maroon - Rickard Rakell - Kyle Palmieri
Matt Beleskey - Nate Thompson - Devante Smith-Pelly

Scott Niedermayer - Chris Pronger
Cam Fowler - Ben Lovejoy
Francois Beauchemin - Hampus Lindholm

John Gibson
Frederik Andersen

or

Paul Kariya - Steve Rucchin - Teemu Selanne
Dany Heatley - Ryan Getzlaf - Corey Perry
Andrew Cogliano - Ryan Kesler - Jakob Silfverberg
Patrick Maroon - Rickard Rakell - Kyle Palmieri

Cam Fowler - Ben Lovejoy
Francois Beauchemin - Hampus Lindholm
Sami Vatanen - Clayton Stoner

John Gibson
Frederik Andersen

What would you chose?

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Can you really put Niedermayer and Pronger together as a pair? They didn't play together very much.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Can you really put Niedermayer and Pronger together as a pair? They didn't play together very much.

It is true they didn't play together regularly but they had played together sometimes so I used those times for this. Also it would be a harder choice then using Chris Pronger - Sean O'donnell or just adding Scott Niedermayer to play with Francois Beauchemin.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
How about just bring back prime Kariya and Teemu to play with Kesler, revert Heatley back to his 50 goal self well your at it.

Heatley - Getzlaf - Perry
Kariya - Kesler - Selanne

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Andy Mac >>> Rucchin

Edit: but Andy Mac broke out after Kariya left unfortunately

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Despite my worries about the forward depth, I think the defense would help more. Slot all the defensemen down a line and they look appropriately placed. With the forwards, it's not that they're not placed appropriately, it's that there's too much inexperience to be able to count on them. But the fact that there's still more wingers and a center or two in the AHL helps provide insurance against the expected let-down.

Kariya and Selanne aren't particularly good playoff performers either. Niedermayer and Pronger are.

PuqTalk

I love Cogliano
Jun 24, 2012
Texas
Has there ever really been a team with three number-one defensemen in the lineup at the same time? No brainer there.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Despite my worries about the forward depth, I think the defense would help more. Slot all the defensemen down a line and they look appropriately placed. With the forwards, it's not that they're not placed appropriately, it's that there's too much inexperience to be able to count on them. But the fact that there's still more wingers and a center or two in the AHL helps provide insurance against the expected let-down.

Kariya and Selanne aren't particularly good playoff performers either. Niedermayer and Pronger are.

Well when they played together in Anaheim in the playoffs they had good offensive production it was when they had not played together they had not been that good at producing in the playoffs.

Jul 22, 2012
The first team wins the Stanley Cup pretty easily, IMO. Actually, give me just Pronger and I think we're the immediate favorites. God I miss him :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad