Ducks 3rd Jersey, Uniforms & Logo Discussion continued

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He wore one during the playoffs a couple of years ago as well. I am starting to become his fan :laugh:

russell.jpg

Jacksonbobson

Feb 2, 2009
I don't get why they don't just go with the old purple and old white for the 3rd and 4th jerseys.

Maybe rotate black/orange as the home every season?

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
I don't understand why they can't have the og eggplant jerseys as a 4th. It's literally iconic and it would garner sales from not only ducks fans, but hockey fans in general. It has a nostalgic feel to it that other jerseys simply don't have

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I’d rather we have a retro jersey using our inception jerseys in white. It would be nostalgic and would make me remember all of the Duck blue collar greats and stars like Selanne and Kariya.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Other way around, they(and other junior teams) used the Ducks as their template.

Hot damn doggie! I stand corrected! I thought I did research on this long ago when we got this new logo and people kept referring to Seattle as the template. That was a long, long time ago. Just looked up Seattle's alternate and they used that template for 2006-2009.

Well, great job on whoever designed those MD jersey's. Also, I love the intertwining of the MD logo.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
One thing to note for those who are wishing for the old colors on this or other potential jerseys, is that Adidas seem to follow a Reverse Retro theme on the 4th jerseys. Meaning they take some retro jersey but add new colors. Like Vegas - they take that Thunder jersey sample and add some current colors (even though the red is not super used by Vegas so far). I believe that's why there will be the orange or black coloring of that Wild Wing logo. And even if the 4th jersey would turn out to be the old regular jersey, it would come in new colors, probably. And if you think about it, makes sense from the $ standpoint.
Which sucks, the 18-19 alternate was pure beauty or even that 05-06 alternate that was posted. But we already went with the orange ones as our 3rd.
https%3A%2F%2Ffansided.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2018%2F08%2F1209387724.jpeg

As for the rumored Wild Wing 4th jersey, I feel something like: It's absolutely horrible. I like it!

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Obviously I don't live in the area, but do people in Orange County actually care about the jerseys being orange? I think most people just care about the jersey looking good or not, no matter the color scheme.

I get what ownership and the PR department is trying to do. But why do we have to go so hard in on the orange? Couldn't it be done in a more subtle way? If they care so much about marketing the team in the entire OC area, they should just rename the whole franchise into "The Orange County Ducks".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad