Ducks 3rd Jersey, Uniforms & Logo Discussion continued

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Obviously I don't live in the area, but do people in Orange County actually care about the jerseys being orange? I think most people just care about the jersey looking good or not, no matter the color scheme.

I get what ownership and the PR department is trying to do. But why do we have to go so hard in on the orange? Couldn't it be done in a more subtle way? If they care so much about marketing the team in the entire OC area, they should just rename the whole franchise into "The Orange County Ducks".
Aren't there some alignments with the Anaheim city that would make it difficult?

I think it's good that they try to use orange. It gives some characteristic to the outlook. But imo the problem is that they didn't worked it in from the start. The post-Disney rebranding was all black and gold. Now they push orange onto that scheme and it's just too busy and not fitting. I'm all for using orange, but then the whole thing, including the logo colors, has to be revisited. As the logo is still black and gold, it makes sense that there is also some black and gold areas on the jersey. And like I said, it's just too busy.
Maybe the logo go black and orange? Not sure how it will look though, but could give a bit more simplistic look.
Look at the regular jersey. The side stripes, it's so much of them, they don't make any sense.

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
FB-IMG-1603339894521.jpg
IF its even remotely close to this, easyyyyyyy purchase

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I bought a classic eggplant jersey about 10 years ago, and more recently bought the Orange one above with classic logo and the Black with the green and eggplant trim with classic logo. I get so many compliments when I walk around with any of those 3. I refuse to buy a ducks foot one. Anaheim Ducks, will always be the Mighty Ducks to me. I do appreciate what new ownership has done and really have spent a lot of money including the future development plans. I just wish they could stick with a permanent retro with maybe the orange county theme built in, I mean those orange ones are pretty cool, wouldn't mind if they were a permanent home jersey.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
A dude on Reddit (/u/detroitlions420) redesigned a bunch of NHL jerseys, and his vision of the Ducks jersey is basically exactly what I've been asking for all this time. A return to the original style of jersey and the logo with our current colours.

soL7qJ4.png

Get rid of the unnecessary shoulder stripes and that's just downright sick. Our jerseys could be so good.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I really wish we'd go back to the original colour scheme and roll with the orange as our third jersey. Would be great to have a unique colour scheme rather then being yet another team that wears orange.

The 18/19 third jersey would have been absloutely perfect as a home jersey going forward tbh. Plus the updated logo with the orange sticks would have incorporated a little orange (which apparently is a must for the Ducks these days) while not being overpowering, and also having a unique and iconic logo.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
A dude on Reddit (/u/detroitlions420) redesigned a bunch of NHL jerseys, and his vision of the Ducks jersey is basically exactly what I've been asking for all this time. A return to the original style of jersey and the logo with our current colours.

soL7qJ4.png

Get rid of the unnecessary shoulder stripes and that's just downright sick. Our jerseys could be so good.

I actually don't like the trend where the design has to mimick the original jerseys with the diagonal stripes. We're probably past that unless its just bringing back those old ones.

I know there's no chance of getting those back anytime soon so I'm in full compromise mode. I just hope they ditch the gold. Some concepts, including the current third, kind of make it work, but thats just it. Whether they keep the black, go in a new direction, full orange, whatever, just ditch the gold.

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Obviously I don't live in the area, but do people in Orange County actually care about the jerseys being orange? I think most people just care about the jersey looking good or not, no matter the color scheme.

I get what ownership and the PR department is trying to do. But why do we have to go so hard in on the orange? Couldn't it be done in a more subtle way? If they care so much about marketing the team in the entire OC area, they should just rename the whole franchise into "The Orange County Ducks".

The owners wanted orange inserted. IIRC, we had an orange sweater with the OC patch for a stadium series of a winter classic set of games. (2014)

b871c2fd84dfe55106f63ed9151cfa7a--ducks-hockey-ice-hockey.jpg

The OC patch is up on top of the shoulder.

I like the orange since the Ducks are in orange county. I don't like the Ducks wordmark or the webbed-D as the primary logo. I do like the original logo with the orange. It's very sharp and easily recognizable logo.

Los Patos de Anaheim

Nov 19, 2016
Idaho, USA
The owners wanted orange inserted. IIRC, we had an orange sweater with the OC patch for a stadium series of a winter classic set of games. (2014)

I like the orange since the Ducks are in orange county. I don't like the Ducks wordmark or the webbed-D as the primary logo. I do like the original logo with the orange. It's very sharp and easily recognizable logo.
The Orange alternate jersey and the stadium series jerseys were awesome. I loved the orange socks in that game

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
I actually don't like the trend where the design has to mimick the original jerseys with the diagonal stripes. We're probably past that unless its just bringing back those old ones.
Trend or not, I just genuinely think the diagonal stripes look better than anything we've had or come up with since. They're better than the stripeless orange, and they're definitely a million times better than any boring old horizontal striping is.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I'm not a designer but I think the diagonal stripes suited our triangle logo because of style. Diagonal stripes might not be the best if we go with webbed D logo which is just round-ish.

Reactions: Elvs

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010

soL7qJ4.png

I really like this concept. I kind of like the shoulder stripes but I'm not loving them. I could take it or leave it for the shoulder stripes/yoke, it's a great sweater.

This would be a fantastic sweater without the "chrome" logos they did for the stadium series games that year. The webbed D isn't a great logo, but I like the uniform overall enough to not care, as long as it's not "chrome".

Is there a petition i can sign?

tenor.gif

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

I'm willing to look past the ''interesting'' shoulder patches for those nice stripes that are finally in a minimal design and symmetric.
Hope it doesn't end up too similar to SJS :laugh:

But yeah, excited about these. If the Wild Wing is on it, could be really interesting.

Vaakou

Jun 30, 2012
Kristianstad
I'm willing to look past the ''interesting'' shoulder patches for those nice stripes that are finally in a minimal design and symmetric.
Hope it doesn't end up too similar to SJS :laugh:

But yeah, excited about these. If the Wild Wing is on it, could be really interesting.
That's not the jersey. It only shows the colors that is used. Same template for all of them.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Ok, so the numbers on the jersey could be a year the jersey will come. Ours is 95, the year with the Wild Wing jersey. That settles the debate I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad