Ducklings

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
It’s only three games but I was ridiculed for putting them in the playoffs still.

The way I saw it getzlaf and Henrique are two centres proven in the playoffs and are still young enough to be impact players, then if kesler returned you can’t ignore the youth coming in like Maxine comtois who had a point in every game so far, Sam steel Troy terry adding to the depth of cogliabi silferberg and their top guy on the wing risked rakell.

That top four defense and goaltending is as underrated as sound as it gets.

Fowler Lindholm
Manson Montour
They have depth on d with holzer and others pettersen and others...

Gibson
Miller

That’s as good of goaltending tandem as there is with saros and runners, Jones and dell jones got off to a bad start but he will come around and the jets and leafs had amazing tandems but aren’t there anymore although their starters are still top notch.

They have a winning culture with 5 of the last 7 division titles and almost went to the finals in 2015 and 2017 being a game or two Way both times.

The way I see it Anaheim still makes the playoffs.

Someone like the flames kings knights oilers and obviously coyotes and canucks miss.

That being said I picked Vegas I picked San Jose I picked Anaheim and I picked Edmonton and Calgary. With la and the other two missing out while only three central teams make it only because there a strong division the central and I expect the press and jets to dominate with either the stars or blues making it and the Avs and wild fall out. Hawks goaltending and defence is way too suspect as is their secondary scoring.

Obviously not many will agree with me but I went out on a limb and this is one I think of it pans out I’ll be one of the only ones who stuck with them. If your reading this and stuck with them too good job. There’s way more hockey To go and nothing is proven yet but I like what i see already.

If you don’t pick them though I can understand why for sure.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
It's a really good experience for the kids as they'll be more seasoned/prepared if and when the vets come back. They do definitely need Getzlaf. Perry...not so sure at this stage. He's obviously a valuable piece but he's obviously being outskated.

I really like what you and @Legionnaire said. I'm not sure I can add much, except to add Kase to the list of needs. In my opinion, he really made a strong statement last season that he's at least on the cusp of possibly being a top six talent. It's hard to tell until a player consistently shows in that role, but he's at least deserving of the opportunity to show what he can do there. I think he's there, and I want to see what he can do.

Getzlaf is an obvious loss. The only player who is at, or near, the same level of importance for Anaheim is Gibson.

Perry was a player who, I felt, needed to bounce back. In the second half of last season, he changed his game a bit to more of a playmaking style, supplementing Getzlaf and setting up Rakell. It worked. Not nearly enough to justify his contract, mind you, but it was a big improvement over his early season play. Sadly, that isn't saying much. I was hoping he'd return this season with something to prove, and he'd learn from the previous season.

It's a good young group of talent, and I think it's the right environment. So far, I've been pretty pleased, with reasonable expectations.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Funny comment at ceremonial puck drop
Something about neither team having a captain due to injuries.

They didn't even have a regular Alternate taking the drop. It was Fowler, who is one of the players who gets an A when one of the regular letter-sporting players is missing. Mildly amusing. And annoying.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
halloween-riri-fifi-loulou.gif

Perfect time of year for that too. A+ gif use.

Reactions: NYR94

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The only players I miss that arnt playing are Kase and Getzlaf… perry/kesler/eaves/Ritchie can take the rest of the year off imo.

Given that until the second period of the Detroit game we hadn’t been able to sustain pressure in the offensive zone for more than 15 seconds at a time I think it’s a bit premature to claim those guys can take the year off. While Eaves is an unknown Kesler and Ritchie would be two of our better forwards right now.

I know it’s nice having shiny new toys but Terry looks far from ready and other than Comtois none of the young guys have produced anything.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Given that until the second period of the Detroit game we hadn’t been able to sustain pressure in the offensive zone for more than 15 seconds at a time I think it’s a bit premature to claim those guys can take the year off. While Eaves is an unknown Kesler and Ritchie would be two of our better forwards right now.

I know it’s nice having shiny new toys but Terry looks far from ready and other than Comtois none of the young guys have produced anything.
If kesler comes back looking like last years kesler… then id disagree, he was complete ass.

Ritchie, I guess I wont judge till I see how the changes he made look.

ZzZz

Dec 22, 2017
Keep in mind Kesler plays against the other teams best players every home game, and as much time as Carlyle can possibly get away with matching Kesler against top lines in away games. Henrique gets the job done there, but doesn't show up on the score sheet when Carlyle has used him exclusively in a shut down role.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
If kesler comes back looking like last years kesler… then id disagree, he was complete ass.

Ritchie, I guess I wont judge till I see how the changes he made look.

Kesler looked like ass compared to what we’re used to seeing from him but he was still an adequate 3C that was playing some tough minutes even with the injury issues.

Reactions: Peaves

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad