Rumor: "Duchene's agent is seriously unhappy with Sakic's foot-dragging on a deal"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...-traded-to-calgary-for-draft-picks-1.13761218

Snow had an offer out to the Avalanche with Hamonic and the team’s 2018 first-round pick as part of a package for Matt Duchene while at the same time shopping Hamonic to defense-hungry teams like the Flames and Leafs for an asking price of two first-round picks. Those were two very different paths Snow was staring down.

Avs GM Joe Sakic balked at a Duchene move, as he has for months. The Flames and Leafs balked at Snow’s asking price as Friday night’s first round unfolded, with Toronto reportedly offering a package that included forward James van Riemsdyk and a 2018 first.

But Snow went exclusively with futures to keep that cap space open — the Isles have roughly $9 million in space right now with restricted free agent Calvin de Haan needing a new deal — and keep the Isles’ options open should Duchene not be moved elsewhere.

Two league sources said Pat Brisson, Duchene’s agent (also the agent for John Tavares), is seriously unhappy with Sakic’s foot-dragging on a deal. That could lead to a reduced price tag later on should Snow still be interested.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
If I were Duchene I'd be getting really pissed about this foot-dragging. He's been on the trade block dealing with daily uncertainty and constant rumors for what seems like forever. Either trade him or don't but don't leave it up in the air forever.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Time to go public with a trade demand. Duchene and his camp have been extremely reasonable throughout this process and this is how Bumbleby Joe has rewarded them.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Of course he is pissed.

That last line is hilarious, though..

At a reduced price..

Yeah sure.

I am pretty certain that at this point Snow and the guy he really needs to keep happy right now (because he is also the agent of John Tavares) have way more of a problem with a deal not happening than Sakic does...

So if Sakic calls him to tell him that he is willing to take the last offer that was on the table, Snow will jump up and take it. No questions asked...

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
If I were Duchene I'd be getting really pissed about this foot-dragging. He's been on the trade block dealing with daily uncertainty and constant rumors for what seems like forever. Either trade him or don't but don't leave it up in the air forever.

Not to mention Duchene's getting married in 2 weeks. I'm sure he'll like this settled beforehand.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Doesn't matter.

If Sakic pulls the trigger, same people will be saying, "Wow he got fleeced!" or "Sakic got bent over!" which is why he's waiting for what he wants.

Duchene's agent can moan all day long if he wants.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
That sound you hear is the price lowering even more

The price is certainly not lowering at all. The offers might get worse but it looks like Sakic has decided to be stubborn and keep him around anyways...

So it really does not matter at all...

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
It's a very unfortunate situation that can be easily fixed: fire Sakic

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Players and agents ask for trades all the time. It's not like a GM is forced to trade them.

Trouba probably has had a standing trade request for the last year, no matter what is said publicly. Tough luck, kid.

That said, I think Sakic wants to trade Duchene. He's just not going to take a lowball offer to do it. If it offends GMs or journalists/fans of teams wanting to trade for him, it probably bothers him as much as a trade request does.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Who the **** cares if an agent is unhappy. Why is this even a thread?

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
The price is certainly not lowering at all. The offers might get worse but it looks like Sakic has decided to be stubborn and keep him around anyways...

Duchene could blow off his hand in a horrific July 4th firework accident and you'd still say "the price is certainly not lowering at all".

Predatorbill

Feb 20, 2005
Nashville
I would like to know how many other players Duchene's agent represents. Although some think the agents aren't that important, when it comes to free agency they could have influence where a player signs. Also if a team is perceived as player unfriendly, how many players would want to sign there. I am not saying this is the way the Av's are perceived, but it is a risk.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
Of course he is pissed.

That last line is hilarious, though..

At a reduced price..

Yeah sure.

I am pretty certain that at this point Snow and the guy he really needs to keep happy right now (because he is also the agent of John Tavares) have way more of a problem with a deal not happening than Sakic does...

So if Sakic calls him to tell him that he is willing to take the last offer that was on the table, Snow will jump up and take it. No questions asked...
Keep in mind it's snow's mouthpiece making this claim

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Sad to see Sakic becoming this guy....thought he would be a better Exec. Someone in Colorado needs to wake up and ask him to step down.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex

If Sakic hasn't found a taker yet and it is knowledge that Duchene is potentially unhappy about the situation, then teams will lower their offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad